Trying to figure out what size one-piece suit to buy....

Casper

I'm wanting to pick up a one-piece suit. I'm not entirely sure what size to get.

I've gotten it narrowed down to 44/54 - 48/58 I think. I want to try on a few and see what actually fits and works for me. I'm 6'3", 210-220lbs, 46-48" chest, 34-36" waist, 34-36" inseam. Judging by sizing charts for the different manufacturers, there is nothing close made for me. If you're around this size and have a suit, please chime in.

If you're around this size have a suit you wouldn't mind letting me try on, preferably in the Columbus area, I'll bring beer.

I'm mainly interested in Teknic, Dainese, and Alpinestars since I'll probably be getting one of those.

I feel the same way. I can't find any that are small enough for me in guys sizes. And girls suits are out of the question because I have yet to find one that offers good enough protection.

Where would the suit not fit you? If you had to get one that's long enough for you cuz you're tall and then it's too big in the chest area you can usually fix that by getting a chest and back protector- which you should wear anyways.

European suits like daniese are cut a little different the american cut like alpinestars. You should be good in a 46/56. 44/54 might be to small and not leave room for a chest or back protector.
I tried on a 46/56 Alpinestars at Iron Pony a little while back and got stuck. I'm not sure if it was just because it was stiff, or if because it was too small. I can say I couldn't get anywhere near standing up without losing my nuts. I realize these are sized for a crouched position, but yikes. I'd hope I could at least maneuver a bit. It took me like ten minutes to get the suit off. Seemed like if the suit was just an inch or two taller between the groin and shoulders, it would've been fine.

AStar is a good suit to try on and base your fitment on as many of the companies are running similar size runs.

What is your budget and what is it going to be used for? I am hooked up with a company that does custom fit and for the money, will fit you exactly.

No way you're going to fit into a 44/54, man. I am 6'1" and 195lbs and I run a 44/54. You're probably a 46/56 or 48/58.

Getting stuck is a good thing. They should be tough to take off. That means they fit snug where they should. They need to be tight. I'd say the 46/56, but not sure...

casper, thing is EVERY suit fits differnt, honestly, EVERY. I have an Astar trigger in 44/54, couldnt get it past my quads after 1 year. My 46/56 whatever I have now fits like a glove in the upper, but could use some less material in the legs.

I will double check to ensure its a 46/56 but pretty sure it is. if it is bigger I will let ya try it on.

Also from what I read back in the day, Teckniks are like 1 size small in the upper body.

casper, thing is EVERY suit fits differnt, honestly, EVERY. I have an Astar trigger in 44/54, couldnt get it past my quads after 1 year. My 46/56 whatever I have now fits like a glove in the upper, but could use some less material in the legs.

I will double check to ensure its a 46/56 but pretty sure it is. if it is bigger I will let ya try it on.

Also from what I read back in the day, Teckniks are like 1 size small in the upper body.

That would be awesome man. Would be great to have someone who's had one before telling me if I'm doing it wrong, if it fits right, etc. If it's a 46/56 and broken in, I wouldn't mind trying it on if that's okay. That way I know if the other suit I tried on was just stiff and whatnot. If that's cool with you anyways.

For the record, I'm probably never going to do a track day. This will be almost entirely for spirited rides. I generally wear a two-piece, but am looking for the added protection of a one-piece. Please tell me if I'm crazy for this theory.

Yeah dude, Ill check this weekend, actually I think I got sh*t planned as Im opting not to go to the Arnold I don't think.

I'll get at ya when I make sure what my size is. Of coruse you can try it on man, I needed to get it out and try it on myself. I'd wear a 1pc if I was riding at a good pace myself, AND back protector, if you don't have a good one of those, then I wouldn't get a 1 pc. I'd rock all that myself.

That would be awesome man. Would be great to have someone who's had one before telling me if I'm doing it wrong, if it fits right, etc. If it's a 46/56 and broken in, I wouldn't mind trying it on if that's okay. That way I know if the other suit I tried on was just stiff and whatnot. If that's cool with you anyways.

For the record, I'm probably never going to do a track day. This will be almost entirely for spirited rides. I generally wear a two-piece, but am looking for the added protection of a one-piece. Please tell me if I'm crazy for this theory.

Ben, buy a two piece with a 360 degree zipper. Just as good. Yes, while it is entirely possible to burst a seam at the zipper, if this would happen in a quality two piece, you will have several other issues that will be of more concern.

My opinion unless racing or aggressive track days, go with a two piece. More flexibility and options. Plus, they fit better in terms of when walking around. In other words, a little more relaxed fit overall.

You get a sportbike?

Ben, buy a two piece with a 360 degree zipper. Just as good. Yes, while it is entirely possible to burst a seam at the zipper, if this would happen in a quality two piece, you will have several other issues that will be of more concern.

My opinion unless racing or aggressive track days, go with a two piece. More flexibility and options. Plus, they fit better in terms of when walking around. In other words, a little more relaxed fit overall.

You get a sportbike?

I agree with brian on this. A good QUALITY 2 piece seems to fit the bill for what your looking for. 360 degree zipper would be a must. Gives you the protecion you want with the added comfort of mixing and matching pants with jacket to get the exact fit.

You get a sportbike?

Bought another sportbike last year. :)

I feel the same way. I can't find any that are small enough for me in guys sizes. And girls suits are out of the question because I have yet to find one that offers good enough protection.

Alpinestars has some new lady suits coming out that should meet this criteria. We'll have a review posted when they do.

As far as I know, 2-piece suits don't let you get different sizes. If you buy a jacket and a different size pair of pants, there's a good change they won't zip together if they have the 360 degree zipper do to the size differences. If they have just the back zipper, it's pretty worthless but zips together. I have a two-piece now, but it only has the back zipper.

No way you're going to fit into a 44/54, man. I am 6'1" and 195lbs and I run a 44/54. You're probably a 46/56 or 48/58.

THIS!!!!

Quit trying to stuff yourself in like a piece of sausage in John mouth. You will def. be a 46/48US in anything you try. I'm 5'11" and 210 and their ain't no way I could get into a 44. I have a 46 and it's perfectly snug with my back protector, keep this in mind when trying on suits.

THIS!!!!

Quit trying to stuff yourself in like a piece of sausage in John mouth. You will def. be a 46/48US in anything you try. I'm 5'11" and 210 and their ain't no way I could get into a 44. I have a 46 and it's perfectly snug with my back protector, keep this in mind when trying on suits.

The Dainese suits in 44/54, according to their sizing chart, look as though they'd fit like an Alpinestars 46/56. That's why I put it there. It was a 46/56 I squeezed myself into and couldn't get out of. I felt like the Hunchback of Notre-Dame.

The Dainese suits in 44/54, according to their sizing chart, look as though they'd fit like an Alpinestars 46/56. That's why I put it there. It was a 46/56 I squeezed myself into and couldn't get out of. I felt like the Hunchback of Notre-Dame.

in my opinion the Dainese suits fit a bit bigger.. im a 40/50 in Dainese, 42/52 in Teknic and Alpinestars