1986 951, $7,500

baptizo

For sale is my 1986 Porsche 951 (aka 944 Turbo), all original.

I've lost interest in it as of last year and have no plans to dump anymore $$$ into it - my loss is your gain.

Guards Red

93,134 miles

5 speed with OEM cooler

Black printed cloth interior

Sunroof (works)

Wiper delete rear hatch

17"x9" and 17"x10" forged CCW's with UHP Summer tires (force load balanced)

Florida car, never driven in the salt or snow of the Ohio winters

Garage stored, doesn't leak or burn oil but it does leak PS fluid

Waxed before winter storage

Has a few dings but is rust and dent free

Replaced the tie rods 2 years ago along with the battery

I bought the car 2.5 years ago and haven't driven it too much. It's been on a trip to WV and to IN but that's it for long range driving with zero issues. I've mostly driven it on local weekend/errand runs, and a trip to Mid-Ohio for a Grand-Am race.

Maintenance needs:

Clutch is chattering on engagement, needs replacement, tranny shifts fine (have a lightly used Spec II clutch/pp purchased with a billet steel 7.6 # flywheel, can include at no extra cost)

Timing belt and rollers (have a Kevlar already purchased and will confirm if I have the rollers, too)

Might have a pulley bearing going bad

A/C needs to be recharged for summer (blows cold), still has 12A.

Needs new struts (have a set of used Bilstein Sports which will be included)

Oil pressure sensor is bad

PS lines leak (have purchased one line and it will be included)

Rear hatch release needs some work, very finicky, and the struts are shot

I have a plethora of various spare parts and go-fast goodies collected for it (hard pipes, 2.5" cat-back, chips, etc.). I also have a collection of maintenance records/receipts going back to the original owner but I do not believe it is a complete collection.

I also have the original phone dials with winter tires with very low miles on them.

I have pics in my gallery along with these:

baptizo-albums-1986-951-picture15985-951-circa-2012.jpg

baptizo-albums-1986-951-picture15984-951-circa-2012.jpg

baptizo-albums-1986-951-picture15983-951-circa-2012.jpg

baptizo-albums-1986-951-picture15987-951-engine-bay.jpg

baptizo-albums-1986-951-picture15988-951-interior.jpg

baptizo-albums-1986-951-picture15989-951-engine-bay-all-original-no-mods.jpg

baptizo-albums-1986-951-picture15990-951-engine-bay-all-original-no-mods.jpg

Asking price is $7,500 obo and is located in the Akron/Canton Ohio area.

A buddy I grew up with got a brand new one exactly like that for his 16th birthday. His uncle who was a senator at the time bought it for him. Genius.

We tried like hell to destroy that thing over the next couple years and somehow never wrecked it. Good times. Wish I could afford it. I'd love to have one. That car was a blast.

GLWS

They're fun cars that handle amazingly well but can be a bit expensive to maintain. But, that's typical for quality German cars and at least parts are still readily available for them.

Dude, I would so love to have some excess cash right now. One of the favorites I have wanted to find for car racing... DAMNIT!!!

This car is made for racing (plenty of them are still competitive in different classes) and that is exactly what I wanted to use it for - DE track days with the local PCA. They will, with minor mod's, spank a 911's ass on the track.

But, finances and other distractions have kept it a garage queen with just about everything I need to set it up right and take care of the clutch/timing belt maintenance needs.

And of course, you can always swap in a GM V-8 for crazy fast fun.

That looks a lot like my uncles old car and he sold his about that time did you buy it from a guy that lives in twin lakes?

I bought it from a Ford engineer up in a third world place called Detroit who brought it up from Florida.

One of my former bosses had a 944 turbo, and unless you've driven one, you don't have any idea how well of a handling car this is. It's still used as a benchmark in the handling department...and not many cars have ever exceeded it.

If I had another garage space, I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

GLWS, DLBTS(doesn't look beat to shit)!

• 2 weeks later...