Anyone familiar with St. Baldrick's Foundation?

Ziggy

I'm signed up to do a St. Baldrick's Foundation Shave event tomorrow in Beavercreek, Ohio and thought I'd throw this out to my OR family. St. Baldrick's is a 501c3 organization dedicated to funding research to develop treatment for all kinds of childhood cancers. One of the ways they're funded is by volunteers who sign up for their Shave Events. The Shavees set a fundraising goal and through the generosity of their friends and family, take donations leading up to their Shave Event, at which time, they sit in the chair and shave their heads to show their support for the cause.

I'm signed up, along with my son, to honor my friend Brady Northern. Brady was diagnosed with a Medulloblastoma (sp?), that's a brain tumor, when he was 3. He fought valiantly through several rounds of chemo and surgery, only to lose his battle the day after his 4th birthday. Brady's big sister is one of my daughter's very good friends, and as such, their family has grown very close to my own.

So, there's my pitch, I'm trying to meet or exceed my goal to raise $500 by tomorrow evening. If you're willing and able, I'd appreciate your tax deductible donation. The amount doesn't matter, and if you're unable to donate, I'd appreciate your support for my part, and continuing prayers for my friends, the Northerns. No one should ever have to lose a child to cancer.

Cancer Sucks!

Clicky to see my participant's page

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Ziggy