A Tale of Two Triumphs

jbot

Too tired post much right now, but here is the beginning

picture.php?albumid=460&pictureid=17233

I'll post more later

EDIT:

Ok, so yesterday was the first day of our build. Brandon's gonna put on a few things on his bike that I won't, and I have to put on a few parts that my bike didn't have, but for the most part, we're doing a lot of the same things. Part one is going to be taking off all the EPA crap that comes on these bikes. When I say "we" I mean, "Brandon is going to tell me exactly what screws to take off and how to take parts off and then I'll start breaking shit and Brandon will sigh and shove me out of the way and just fucking do it himself". Anyway, we got a few things off, and a few more to go. I have race plastics (Optimal), an OEM front brake MC (from Rider's Discounts take off parts bin), levers, windshield and some other stuff on order. I still need to get a shift linkage rod since some ass took the quickshifter off my bike before it hit the auction yard, so I'm just going to run it manual mode. Brandon has a lot of stuff I'm going to buy and/or steal from him. I'll let Brandon spill the beans on his build if he wants to.

I've never done one of these "build thread" things, so there you have it. I'll post updates as we make progress.

Once this is done, and I'm reasonably certain the 675R is ready to go, I'm putting the 2008 ZX6R up for sale. I DID change the oil filters, jerks. I like everything about the bike except that god awful oil filter location. I hate it so much, I want to sell it into child slavery. But otherwise, everything about the bike is great, and I'm a bit faster on the kawi than I was on the Honda (that's not saying much, but still lol). I don't quite know how I'll do on the triumph, but the quick ride I took on Brandon's 07 675 was interesting and I want to give it a shot.

Edited by jbot
  • Upvote 1

Again, looking at the Tags and I just sit here and giggle. My coworkers "shsshed" me yesterday from some of the posts, it was a rough monday.

Anyways, yep, those things sure are cute aren't they. Wait, B-rad post up so pics of the other track whore you had at Jennings! That thing was running balls fast too. I mean basically these dudes = BALLA!!!!

No secrets...2012 675R's for jbot and myself! One of these poor bikes was thrown down the street by it's last owner, and the other was a minty garage queen snagged at a good price. At this point you can't really tell which was which. Both were found in Florida and drug to Ohio where they will live their lives as track whores, the way it should be.

This won't quite be on par with the Riders Discount build. :bow:

But the best we can do with our shallow pockets.

You bastards! Those are bad ass track bikes! Also what is with all these couples bikes? Brandon and Jinu on matching Triumphs. Craig and the other Brandon on matching blue Kawis...Matt, we need to up our bromance and get matching bikes or paint. It is apparently the hot new trend amongst Motoseries couples. Hahahahahaha.

I think those Triumphs would look good in blue ;)

Matt, we need to up our bromance and get matching bikes or paint. It is apparently the hot new trend amongst Motoseries couples. Hahahahahaha.

Time to sell the zx10 and get yourself a zx6 to match Matt, and you can come play with all of us in the 600 sprints. Hey, come to think of it I know a guy who's got a zx6 for sale now...;)

You gotta paint it the same or you're not a real couple.

You bastards! Those are bad ass track bikes! Also what is with all these couples bikes? Brandon and Jinu on matching Triumphs. Craig and the other Brandon on matching blue Kawis...Matt, we need to up our bromance and get matching bikes or paint. It is apparently the hot new trend amongst Motoseries couples. Hahahahahaha.

I think those Triumphs would look good in blue ;)

Yeah screw this, bro. Let's go get some 2013 ZX6R's with matching paint.

Time to sell the zx10 and get yourself a zx6 to match Matt, and you can come play with all of us in the 600 sprints. Hey, come to think of it I know a guy who's got a zx6 for sale now...;)

You gotta paint it the same or you're not a real couple.

Haha, Jinu's Kawi? Has the oil filter ever even been changed on that bike? Haha.

I might have been interested a few days ago before I bought full suspension for mine. Plus, I can't change up now after all that smack talk about quitting if one of you passes me in a race. I need my first wave start gap to have a prayer of not calling it a season in May.

Those are right sexy. And here I was all giddy about joining the cool kids with yellow plates this year, and now you're all going off to racing college with your new stuff and go fast gadgets and white plates. Pshhhhh...

Anyway, enough of my blatant jealousy. Dicks.

I'm breaking up with Steve and going to start dating John. Steve won't paint his bike red so I have to move on. Besides, we ALL know how good the HJ's and ZJ's are from John so how can I go wrong, right?

:D

Fine. Go bitch.

(...looking for an 848 track ready...)