Dunn's Outdoors In Kentucky

Meanie

If you are friends with me on FB you may have seen this....

I don't normally do this but when a business has poor customer service, I am going to start putting it out there....

On March 3rd I ordered a fishing reel from Dunnsoutdoors.com, I was searching for a certain reel and they had it for 49.99, normal price is 149.99. I placed the order and everything went through. I received a conformation email and a receipt. My bank account was charged. On the 4th I received an email from the owner stating they no longer had the reel in stock and I would be issued a refund. Whether or not they had the reel in stock is unknown. I am assuming someone messed up the pricing on the website. I didn't respond as I expected this to happen, but I also checked their site for any small print stating they are not responsible for misprints. I found none. I periodically checked my bank out over the next almost 3 weeks and never saw the refund. Today I decided enough was enough, I emailed the owner back and asked if he would ship me the next model reel down for the price I already paid since I was not refunded the money. He told me I would need to call them to get the refund and to call and ask for a certain person. Seriously, on the 4th of March you sent me an email stating I would receive a refund, I patiently wait for said refund and never get it. Then when I call you about the refund you tell me I need to call you to get it? So I call down to get the refund and the person I was told to talk to said she refunded the money yesterday (the 19th). I haven't seen it hit my account, so I asked if she was sure. So she asked for my name and order number several times. then says she is confused and needed to talk to the owner. So she takes my number and calls me back about 20 minutes later and supposedly I am now getting my refund back. She also told me there were 2 other people that ordered the reel and they also needed refunds. I am almost positive if I wouldn't have been monitoring my account the money would have completely disappeared.

The short of the story, I would not conduct business with Dunn's Outdoors in Kentucky. And if you do, monitor you bank account.

Take it for what it is just putting the work out there.