2001 Forest River Toyhauler 28'

jch82

My wife and I are planning on getting a fifth wheel with a slide-out to have some more floor space so the toyhauler has to go. I have it on Craigslist for $7500, but I'll take $7000 for it from anyone on here that is interested.

2012-03-24_15-18-27_784.jpg

DSC01542.JPG

**bike included for an extra $4900**

DSC01521.JPG

DSC01522.JPG

http://cincinnati.craigslist.org/rvs/3659354141.html

More pictures

https://plus.google.com/photos/112190643531930366263/albums/5851940537712578897

Thanks,

Can you provide any ownership history that you are aware of? Maintenance history? Known problems at this time?

EDIT:: forgot to ask for the specs (i.e. GVWR, etc.)

Edited by r1crusher

There are no known problems. The previous owner was very meticulous and I've had it for about a year now and haven't had to do any maintenance. I winterized it in the fall and planned on getting everything running next week when it warmed up a bit.

Dude where was this 5 months ago when I was posting I wanted one, FML. This is what I just bought, except thebath location as it's a different manufacture. We don't have the queen bed up front and have a jack knife sofa and fold down dinette, but have a front end huge bathroom. These are basically the same and are definitely good quality vs some others out there. Trust me I've researched and looked.

I would DEFINITELY have picked this up, great price, and looks nice.

FYI I can't get all the pics to load on the other site, as in just an error, but Im at work my IE sucks and works right about 45% of the time.

Edited by madcat6183

Does this have onboard genny, mine has the opening for it but it's a sealed storage area instead as it was an option. I love the garage on yours, mine doesn't have a window back there, that would make it easily a spare bed. Also if yours is like mine, the garage has a HIGH cieling, like 10 foot high, so could easily get the wall mount bunks that fold up back there if needed.

That's precisely what I've been looking for and originally had my 951 up for sale to get the $$$ to buy.

I've decided to go with a 5er toyhauler instead but I might have to rethink that strategy if this is still around in a month or two.

Dude where was this 5 months ago when I was posting I wanted one, FML. These are basically the same and are definitely good quality vs some others out there. Trust me I've researched and looked.

I would DEFINITELY have picked this up, great price, and looks nice.

Sorry buddy, didn't plan on selling until my wife started taking about it. Found a nice looking 5er with a reese hitch on the back already, so bringing the bike along on trips is still possible.

Thanks for the plug, it is a real nice unit.

EDIT:: forgot to ask for the specs (i.e. GVWR, etc.)

Unloaded weight is 7560lbs and GVWR is in the neighborhood of 11k (I think). I can check that when I get home from work tonight. The weight distribution hitch and anti-sway bar are amazing, I pulled it home from MI with an F150 and the 5.4L engine. There are (2) 30 gallon fresh water tanks and working water pump. The fridge runs on electric or propane. Tires are pretty new and have great tread on them. I changed out the speakers inside the camper, so they sound better. Also ran some speaker wire to the outside and have 2 speaker mounts outside. Let me know if there is something else you were after.

Does this have onboard genny, mine has the opening for it but it's a sealed storage area instead as it was an option. I love the garage on yours, mine doesn't have a window back there, that would make it easily a spare bed. Also if yours is like mine, the garage has a HIGH cieling, like 10 foot high, so could easily get the wall mount bunks that fold up back there if needed.

No onboard genny, but you could easily bring one along. Ceiling back there is probably 10ft and has an automatic exhaust fan to clear the air when you drive something in there.