Helmet speakers for some tunes, no ear buds

Gunner75

Anyone use helmet speakers? Im not talking ear buds. Ive tried using ear buds and they make my ears hurt and they tend to pull out when i put my helmet on. Im just looking for a pair of speakers to use for when riding solo on the highways.

I Bought a scala G9 and the speakers are awesome and volume will increase with wind noise so you can still hear it... I know this doesn't help with brands or anything but i would definitely go with speakers. Ear buds seem like they would be uncomfortable and a possible distraction if they fall out or get caught or something. I would definitely go with speakers.

I have a Sena SMH10 with the speakers in my Nolan N104. With speakers, you'll want to wear ear plugs to prevent the road and wind noise causing long-term damage to your hearing, but I can hear audio just fine even at highway speeds with them.

There are a number of options, including simple and cheap wired speakers. Some speakers will have problems with bass or volume, so check the reviews when shopping.

I have a Sena SMH10 with the speakers in my Nolan N104. With speakers, you'll want to wear ear plugs to prevent the road and wind noise causing long-term damage to your hearing, but I can hear audio just fine even at highway speeds with them.

There are a number of options, including simple and cheap wired speakers. Some speakers will have problems with bass or volume, so check the reviews when shopping.

:bow:you read my mind, i was looking at that exact set on another site

I also have this setup and use earplugs. The Sena has an aux input as well if you don't want to use bluetooth. I usually plug the Sena into my Zumo via aux input as it has my tunes on it for longer trips. If I'm doing a day ride, I will either bluetooth to the Zumo or even just my cell phone and listen to music that way. Calls come through pretty decent to if you want that sort of thing.

Not to high jack the thread but, what kind of ear plugs does everyone use?!

I'm currently working my way through a box of http://www.amazon.com/Howard-Leight-LL-30-Corded-Earplugs/dp/B0017JIT4C/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1364634516&sr=8-2&keywords=laser+lite+ear+plugs+corded. Reasonably comfortable, good noise reduction, and I personally like having the cord between them to help prevent them getting lost when I need to take them out at a stop. The cord also makes them easier to remove.

The http://www.amazon.com/Hearos-Plugs-Xtreme-Protection-14-Pair/dp/B001EPQ86A/ref=sr_1_2?s=hpc&ie=UTF8&qid=1364634989&sr=1-2&keywords=hearos+xtreme brand also tends to get high marks.

Keep in mind that everyon's ear canals are different, so which plugs work best may be different. One option is to try one of these Ear Plug Assortment Packs to find out what works best for you.

For those new to using the roll-down foam ear plugs, this video on fitting them in your ears should help keep them in your ear.

Edited by Agent3012

I don't use the Bluetooth to talk on the phone, and rarely listen to music, but I do like having the Sena SMH10 for audio GPS directions (using either my smartphone or the older Garmin GPS I bought from eBay that has Bluetooth capabilities for when there's no signal).

The ability to use voice prompts for directions, weather and other misc items is kind of nice.

• 3 weeks later...