Privi Partizan ammo?

idodishez

I've shot/got thousands of rounds of PRVI. I researched it a few years back before I bought it and found no real negative opinions on it. Typical nato grade ammo, and shoots as such. It's not match grade, so going for tight groups at 100 yards may leave you disappointed, but it's no problem hitting the 4" steel plate at 150 yards with it even for my 11 year old boy.

Made in Serbia. Generally boxer, non corrosive, re-loadable.

Generally military surplus or steel case will be cheaper. In previous years.

Right now the military surplus is probably more expensive.

The Chinese PMC is about the same price/quality?

Prices are all over the place. Don't over pay.

(Yes, I would pay 8 bucks for 20 boxer brass 223 and buy all I could get.)

Edited by ReconRat

Generally military surplus or steel case will be cheaper. In previous years.

Right now the military surplus is probably more expensive.

I paid .50/round for 2 ammo cans of military surplus a month or so ago. Hopefully it was worth it.

This space intentionally left blank to avoid offending anyone

Yep. Walmart Circleville even sells it in 500 rnd tins

Well around here they don't have ANY ammo, much less 223/556. Even in the sticks.

Steel is pretty much all I shoot.

Yep, and yet to have any issues at all. I do know Grapesmuggler has the same AR I have and said his wasn't taking steel too well, but mine has had 0 issues. I also shoot very slow and methodical in hopes of improving my shooting, so not sure if maybe he was just playing or what. I also did do a brass break in and shot about 500 rounds of brass before any steel, along with cleaning and lubing it after every session.

Dunno, I need to hit Circleville this weekend though and see if Todd's info sticks ;)

I wasn't sure about the steel either, but I've heard both sides. Used it on occasion in 9mm. Tried to pick up some .380 when I got my Bodyguard last week. All they had was steel (Wolf I think. Could be wrong) at my local FFL. I asked for a box. He gave me a look and said "Are you SURE?" Obviously he wasn't a fan.

Some of the herters stuff didn't like my pmags very much. Then on the last shot of the mag with the steel herters my bolt didn't lock back. Shot it another time with no problems. So idk.

Wait, your's was Herters not TulAmmo? I've only shot TulAmmon out of my AR and it was fine everytime.

Now Im wondering if it was just the Herters no likey MP15.

Random thread-jack question gentlemen....

Tula steel absolutely will not shoot in my AR. Brass of all kinds all day, but Tula steel always short-cycles the bolt. Should I be softening the buffer spring or maybe lightening my buffer?