Venting. How is this for a big ol' plate of bullcrap?

YSR_Racer_99

Sold an 8-9 year old Creative Zen Vision M 30gb mp3/ media player on ebay. Worked fine the whole time I had it, worked when I sent it, worked when the buyer got it (per his own comments).

This model requires an "accessory block" be plugged into the bottom of the unit to attach the Creative charger as well as media connectors (video/ audio outputs).

Buyer contacted me a week or so after receiving the unit, stating that he had "plugged in the charger without using the accessory block", and that the unit "got really hot, and its still hot after 15 minutes". The ONLY other place that the round charger plug could possibly fit on the unit is the headphone jack.

He apparently baked the unit.

He filed a claim with Paypal via Ebay Buyer Protection, stating that the unit was different than what he won (???).

Paypal puts a lock on my account while the dispute is reviewed. Buyer and I had communicated solely via Ebay messaging, so it was all in their system, but I kept PDF copies, and attached them to my response for the dispute.

I wake up to an email this morning from Paypal stating that he gets all of his money back once he returns the baked unit to me.

I call Paypal service, and talk to a guy (he did not process the original dispute). He asks me to give him a moment to read through everything, puts me on hold, and comes back with the proper conclusion (that the buyer killed the unit), "but I can't reverse a decision once its been made. Sorry". He says that he'll put in a request for Paypal to credit me $50 (the unit sold for $60), "but it will be reviewed by management, and there's only maybe a 50/50 chance that they'll grant the request". Thanked him and hung up.

I used to be an ebay powerseller, and rarely sell anymore because of stuff like this. They've neutered the sellers. I had the Creative listed on Craigs for awhile with no bites, so put it on ebay.

Deep breath....

Done.

Damn, hopefully you don't get a financial anus pounding from the buyer's shitstorm of lies :nono: Some fux shouldn't be allowed to own electronics.

I hate selling anything via CL or ebay due to the possible drama and lowballing.....did you list it here at all?

yea ebay/paypal is bullshit with that stuff which is why I refuse to sell anything via ebay anymore

There it is. I'll buy small items, but I'll never use eBay to sell anything ever again, not with the relatively easy to use and much faster craigslist. I don't have to worry about someone sniping the auction, don't have to be concerned with someone retracting a bid, just "if you want it, here it is, and this is how much I want for it".

Did you have as is in the description.

I don't believe so, but if I ever sell there again (as much as I'd like to say I won't, in reality I probably will...), the listing sure will have that. I don't know that it would have mattered. Maybe. Dunno.

I don't sell on eBay or CL anymore because of the bullshit. If none of my friends or family want it, it goes on the curb or to goodwill.
This is the route I've gone. I'll post it up here on OR. Nobody bites, it gets donated.

I'd refuse product and tell Paypal you never got it. Oh and I would definitely call Ebay and try to reverse any feedback you left for said dooche. Also I'd probably tell him he was being a dooche too.

I like this route too. Two can play stupid at this game.

This is why I don't sell anything on E-Bay and I am starting to see why it's a waste of time to use CL, too.

CL Spam mail is easy to process and ignore. Yeah, it can be a chore to fence with "bargain hunters" who try and weasel you down 5 bucks on a 30 dollar shop vac, but by and large I stick with meeting people on my schedule that way I'm not going out of my way. Cash only, no refunds, everyone walks away happy.

Well sumbitch, Paypal just added $50 to my account (and promptly charged me $2.25 or something for doing it. SURPRISE!). Must say I'm shocked. Its been a long time since I SOLD on ebay, but I don't think sellers can leave anything other than positive feedback now. The buyer, on the other hand, can trash a high-volume seller and raise their fees with one strike on the keyboard. Oh, and ebay now charges a fee on the sellers' SHIPPING charges. And they seem to be genuinely dismayed that people don't want to sell with them. As far as using CL, I've found that there are certain things that do better on CL than on ebay, and vice versa.

Thanks all for the support.

They will side with the buyer 99% of the time if buyers start complaining about getting ripped off everyone would stop buying they do not worried about the seller they know that even if you get ripped off they can throw a few bucks at you and you will keep selling stuff.

Wow, you got shafted and I'm sad to hear another Vision M dead. I have used mine since I got it, what seems like forever ago, and it has been a trooper through all the drops, breaks, and thousands of miles on the bike. I have to admit, the accessory thing that you have to plug into is a bit of a pain, but who the fuck puts a charger in the headphone slot?!