Rider Clinics

soad

http://www.motovid.com/programs-faqs/clinics/

Blackhawk Farms out near chicago offers this thing called a rider clinic, the link offers an in depth description of it. I'm thinking of going to it, a friend of mine lives in the area and wants me to go with him.

I was just wondering if any of you guys have been to anything like this before, and if its worth it. it costs $250 and it says you run 5 15 minute sessions concentrating on drills and whatever it is you learned in the classroom before the sessions.

I've only ever been to one track day at mid ohio(which was amazing) and definitely plan on doing more, but is the extra cost of this worth it, you think?

http://www.motovid.com/programs-faqs/clinics/

Blackhawk Farms out near chicago offers this thing called a rider clinic, the link offers an in depth description of it. I'm thinking of going to it, a friend of mine lives in the area and wants me to go with him.

I was just wondering if any of you guys have been to anything like this before, and if its worth it. it costs $250 and it says you run 5 15 minute sessions concentrating on drills and whatever it is you learned in the classroom before the sessions.

I've only ever been to one track day at mid ohio(which was amazing) and definitely plan on doing more, but is the extra cost of this worth it, you think?

sounds like fun! any time spent on track is gushing with awesome-ness. you should definitely do it if you have a friend to split travel costs with.

that said, it sounds like a novice instructional track day. i dunno how awesome blackhawk farms is, but you'll get similar instruction doing a regular old novice track day with STT, motoseries, or midohio. motoseries and midohio event are both closer and cheaper. stt runs event at Grattan, which is another phenomenal track, but again, i don't know much about blackhawk.

in any case, sounds like fun! do it!

that said, it sounds like a novice instructional track day. i dunno how awesome blackhawk farms is, but you'll get similar instruction doing a regular old novice track day with STT, motoseries, or midohio. motoseries and midohio event are both closer and cheaper. stt runs event at Grattan, which is another phenomenal track, but again, i don't know much about blackhawk.

Here is a map of the track: http://www.blackhawkfarms.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/trackmap.jpg

And thats what i'm thinking. I'm not like some pro racer or anything like that, but i feel like the clinic would be a novice track day with more coaches to watch you and less seat time, but for a lot more money, and i'm all about the value.

At the mid-o track day i went to, the rider coaches had small classes and sort of "guided" things to work on as the day progressed, and allowed us to pick their brains, and would even watch you specifically for a lap or so if you asked them to. they were very helpful.