Ohio riders invades maine

marlboro man

Anybody down to ride up there before mid July probably just be Ohio Rider all my bubbys have settled down and seem to be getting old now where they want to go to the same place all the time close to home

Edited by marlboro man

• 1 month later...

Thinking of at least four-day weekend maybe a week long thing before the end of July if anybody’s down to ride .Sorry for not getting on here sooner. Every time I did something wouldn’t let me login or I had emergency repairs that lost my train of thought

7 hours ago, marlboro man said:

four day weekend ? Seems like it would be a long haul even at a four day.

I have a Goldwing. Mileage isn't an issue. Corner speed might be, though. :lol: 

Maine is almost an iron butt each way. If you are trying to do something in less than a week I would suggest Vermont and New Hampshire. Closer and way better roads. Maine is kinda bla when it comes to fun roads. Great scenery and food but roads not so much.

• Upvote 1

On 3/21/2024 at 5:31 PM, Pauly said:

I have a Goldwing. Mileage isn't an issue. Corner speed might be, though. :lol: 

Most parts of upstate New York are gentle winding roads

• Beer 1

On 3/21/2024 at 6:34 PM, Tonik said:

Maine is almost an iron butt each way. If you are trying to do something in less than a week I would suggest Vermont and New Hampshire. Closer and way better roads. Maine is kinda bla when it comes to fun roads. Great scenery and food but roads not so much.

This is an accurate summation of my experience riding to Maine as well. Figured because the Appalachians were in Maine that they would have good roads too. Not the case at all but the scenery is beautiful and unique to anywhere else along the Appalachian territory.

Vermont and New Hampshire have better roads but you will have to get off of the main drag that looks like a good road. It's hard to plan a good route in the area because what looks like a good road by map is a good road but they are often ruined by traffic. Think Amish country or Helen, Georgia.

It’s simple really. Those sections of New England are the oldest, most densely saturated population wise in the US. You can’t ride more than a few minutes without coming through a small township.ive found the best scenery along the coast