PR3's on CBR

jch82

Just got these installed today, so I haven't had a chance to try them out. Looking forward to wearing 'em down though! Planning on riding down through NKY next Saturday and also cruising out to the EPIC ride in Hocking. I'll keep it updated as things come up. Oh yeah, also sportin' my fancy new OR decal so I am definitely ready for Spring!!

20130411_231101.jpg

I love my PR3's... I have them on my GSXR and they are super sticky and are AWESOME in the rain. I hit a nail and had to replace the rear last year so I cannot attest to their longevity but it seems like they will last.

Significantly better than PR2s? I have PR2s on the VFR and all I know is they're tons better than the stock Metzelers.

Haven't got any miles on them yet... :( I got the wheels back on my bike Thursday and have been/will be working all weekend. My plan is to get out a few times this week and head to NKY on Saturday if the weather cooperates.

I have a set of PR2's on my VFR and agree that they are a great tire.

It was decent enough to ride to work and get a little playtime in afterwards. I was taking it pretty easy and only have the crap off brand tires for comparison, but I'm feeling pretty good about the first 50 miles.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, the tires ran flawlessly on the EPIC ride. I wouldn't say I was pushing them to the max, but they stuck just fine at the speeds we were running. Now to see what kind of mileage I get out of them.

Also want to see if they are as good as advertised in the rain, but I don't plan on the CBR leaving the comfort of the garage if it's already raining out...

• 3 weeks later...

If the PR3's are as good as the 2's in the rain then I would be a happy camper with them. I never intentionally ridden in the rain but I was caught in a downpour a few weeks ago. I've never been as impressed with a tire in the wet as I was with the PR2's. I was already wet so I just kept riding and they stuck and it was difficult to get the back end loose. Its really hard to consider switching after such stellar performance, wet or dry but I'm kind of interested in hearing more about the experiences folks are going to have with the Q3's.

I have slightly over 10,000 miles on my front PR3, and it is time to switch it out. The rear tire will not last as long as the front tire. I have ridden in heavy rain a number of times, and the PR3s perform really well.