Boston Marathon bombing

20thGix

NY Post reports that a Saudi National has been identified as a suspect.

They also reported 12 dead and 50 injured. Boston is currently a no-fly zone, and police are treating this as an "ongoing event."

It may not be over.

Those videos are pretty upsetting, but I have to say that seeing the people run towards the scene right after the explosion so that they could help was hope inspiring. I'm glad that there are good people who put their lives on the line to help people who were injured after this.

The one with that guys leg :barf:

That guy just became famous. He'll be able to go straight from the hospital to as many news networks as he wants.

I'm sure he'd rather have his leg back than the checks that will be coming his way, but goddamn...

That guy just became famous. He'll be able to go straight from the hospital to as many news networks as he wants.

I'm sure he'd rather have his legs back than the checks that will be coming his way, but goddamn...

ftfy...looked like both were pretty much gone from the shins down.

I'm hopeful that, horrific as his injuries are, they are not life-threatening.

Anyone with enough fight to run 26.2 miles will walk again. I would actually bet on him to complete another Boston marathon on some lightweight carbon-fiber prosthetics.

Those videos are pretty upsetting, but I have to say that seeing the people run towards the scene right after the explosion so that they could help was hope inspiring. I'm glad that there are good people who put their lives on the line to help people who were injured after this.

The brightest lights shine at the darkest hours.

I just heard on the radio that in 2012 the most people crossed the finish line at Boston at the 4 hour 18 minute mark.

So it doesn't seem to be a coincidence that the bomb went off right around that time.

idk, if the target was the runners, more than likely they would have hit the start for highest pop density. Maybe there was some symbolism/significance to the end of the race for the perpetrators. Or their targets were not the racers, but the crowds at the end of the race. Or they were going for the most witnesses/cameras to capture and publicize their "work".

idk, if the target was the runners, more than likely they would have hit the start for highest pop density. Maybe there was some symbolism/significance to the end of the race for the perpetrators. Or their targets were not the racers, but the crowds at the end of the race. Or they were going for the most witnesses/cameras to capture and publicize their "work".

There will be more people cheering than there are runners.

might be a higher number, but no way is it a higher density. There may be increased security at the start as well though. Image is from NYC marathon, and now I'm going to be on a govt watch list lol

marathon_start_line_verrazano_bridge_lg.jpg

They are wanting to make us scared to go about our normal, daily lives. Can't even have a fun run in a marathon without thinking twice now. The worst can happen at any time, any place. Whether this is foreign or domestic, it's still terrorism and the perpetrators need to be caught and get the death penalty. My thoughts and prayers go out to those affected by this horrible tragedy.

So, of course, when there is a warning on a picture that it is graphic, I had to click it and see. YUCK!! How is that guy in the wheel chair even still awake, I am pretty sure I would be freaking out.

No words to say....

Shock...it does weird shit to you. He probably doesn't even realize it

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2