For those of you that have had puppies, I need advice

Bad324

So I got the call today from our vet that our new puppy has tested positive for Giardia. The vet didn't make it sound like it was a big deal and prescribed 2 meds for us to pick up today. When I told one of my coworkers who went through this last year with her puppy, she made it sound like a big deal

Has anyone dealt with this before?

Is this something I should be super concerned about?

Should I contact the breeder and give her hell for misleading me?

Should I try and get her to reimburse me for the costs I will incur to get him healthy?

She did give me a 1 year health guarantee but I have no idea if this falls under that or not, I'm guessing it doesn't.

Don't worry about it give him the meds he will be fine if you have had him around other peoples dogs let them know that they may want to get them checked. Oh and not swapping spit with your pup until he's cured so put the peanut butter away. If you want to be a nice guy you could let the breeder know so she is aware and can treat

Same thing happened to us with our new pup last summer.

Had runny poop a couple days but meds cleared it up and no more problems.

Make sure you clean up any poop in the yard to prevent reinfection. That is the reason it is so hard to completely eliminate in a breeder situation with lots of dogs. Probably best to let the breeder know as already mentioned.

Craig