Is this safe for the kickstand

Mr Anderson

I have seen several people do this with their motorcycle. Is this safe and it looks like a good way to turn it in a 360. Any thoughts on this. Thanks. Not that I would do this right away but if its safe then I might try it. Maybe it also depends on the motorcycle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6RLmlGRPn8&list=UUSs0HyBBxrMpoWdhl7yVBFg&index=38

Guy in the video explains it.

Thanks all :bow:

simple answer some bikes can.. my wifes Honda has a really thick kick stand does just fine.. I have seen way to many people bend/ snap/ drop and otherwise F their bike up when doing this with an R6 kickstand as they are quite a bit thinner than others.. I haven't tried it on mine for that reason

also one my wifes I do not grab only on one side my right hand is on the rear across the bike. like the videos my other is on this side of the bars for additional leverage and stability in case the bike does come my way to much

simple answer some bikes can.. my wifes Honda has a really thick kick stand does just fine.. I have seen way to many people bend/ snap/ drop and otherwise F their bike up when doing this with an R6 kickstand as they are quite a bit thinner than others.. I haven't tried it on mine for that reason

also one my wifes I do not grab only on one side my right hand is on the rear across the bike. like the videos my other is on this side of the bars for additional leverage and stability in case the bike does come my way to much

Thanks for the reply Jason. I wonder if our kickstands are the same because not that many changes from 08 to 12 models. It looks like a good way to turn it but breaking the r6 kickstand would suck.

Thats Chaseontwowheels im subscribed to him on youtube. Hes actually pretty entertaining at times. Sucks though, hes had 2 2007 R6's stolen from him in less then a year. His second bike was stolen within 3-4 months after purchase.

I wouldn't try it with my Ducati. The kick stand I am sure is strong enough but the stand bolts to the oil pan. I really don't want to have to replace the bottom of the engine when the cast aluminum oil pan caves in under the weight and twisting forces of that stunt.

Can do it with any bike. R6's have this little twig of a kickstand and it still works great. Kickstands are made of unataniuim so they won't ever fail...

unobtainium, eh?

heard that's pretty slick shit,

anyway, i've known of this. only ever had to do it once. and definitely wished i had practiced it when i was sandwiched by other bikes, and trying to get mine out without touching theirs.

Sorry, I don't get it? Maybe I'm just old but, If I pull it in, I can get it out. Mine's in the garage up against a wall, and baracaded with junk so the kids don't knock shit into it. I can back it out with 3-4 up-n-backs. You can't spin a bike between bikes. It does look cool, but I don't think it's practical, imo.

• Upvote 1