Recommend me a 30-06

Casper

.308 seems to be the shiz nit!!!!

the .308 is a great long distance hunting round but serves little good in a state like ohio. They are expensive which makes them hard to use for target shooting. I guess that's why for target use the 7.62X54 is better to me. Being I have one of each if foreign ammo becomes unobtainable I can switch to the .308 or a 6mm or one of the other post war American variations of the 30-06. ;)

It's not rusty..I have never seen any severe corrosion.

Agreed with this ^. I have never gotten any that were unsafe. Maybe 1 per spam can that needed a little cleaning but they all end up working just fine.

My stash, the wood box in the front is not from the CMP but all the metal cans behind it are. :D

IMG_5570.jpg:original

30/06 is double the price of .308 I just found some for $7.99 per 20rnds. Where can you find 30/06 less then $1+ a round?

Where the heck are you shopping? I can go to walmart and find 30-06 often, but almost never seen .308. Even at gun shops i have never paid $1 per round, .308 on the other hand paid paid $23 for 20 rounds at vances for a friend.

I have both a 700 30.06 and a blr .308 and I have to say I prefer the .308 over the .06 but my blr is a limited addition production so I don't use it. If your gonna hunt with the 30.06 buy one with the synthetic stock that way you aren't scared to hunt with it. I use mine in WV

Military guns in .30-06, I got 4 of them. Well 3 in this picture at least. :D

stacking2.jpg:original

And don't let people tell you they aren't accurate. The Garand on the RH side in the picture I used to regularly shoot out to 300yards and with the right ammo will easily hold 1.5moa groups. :bow:

Military guns in .30-06, I got 4 of them. Well 3 in this picture at least. :D

stacking2.jpg:original

And don't let people tell you they aren't accurate. The Garand on the RH side in the picture I used to regularly shoot out to 300yards and with the right ammo will easily hold 1.5moa groups. :bow:

This sir, gets my seal of approval. Nice rifles.

You can get a Garand in .308 too by the way if you're concerned about having another caliber.

But... I was at Cabela's at Polaris over the weekend and they had 500 rd cans of Privi .30-06 in an M2 Ball config for $400 including the .50 cal ammo can.