Almost got busted today, let off with a warning.

Pokey

A big thank you to the very nice and very friendly Fayette County Sheriff Deputy, that gave my buddy Steve and I a warning today instead of a speeding violation. That was almost an expensive ride today......YIKES!!!! Steve probably didnt need to pull over with me, because he passed by Steve to get to me!!!! :D

I had just passed a slow car that wasn't even doing 55, but I went by her ever so briskly.... said he clocked me at 71. He was like "it would be ashamed to ruin such a beautiful day for riding with a $200 ticket, so I am gonna give you a warning instead". I informed him immediately that I was carrying and where my piece was, he thanked me and said, "doesn't worry or concern me a bit, if a law abiding citizen is carrying and it were to bother an officer, they shouldn't be in law enforcement." So he went back in his car and wrote us up the warnings, and then he actually chatted with us for a bit, shook our hands and told us to be careful going home and to behave. :cool:

I had just passed a slow car that wasn't even doing 55, but I went by her ever so briskly.... said he clocked me at 71. He was like "it would be ashamed to ruin such a beautiful day for riding with a $200 ticket, so I am gonna give you a warning instead". I informed him immediately that I was carrying and where my piece was, he thanked me and said, "doesn't worry or concern me a bit, if a law abiding citizen is carrying and it were to bother an officer, they shouldn't be in law enforcement." So he went back in his car and wrote us up the warnings, and then he actually chatted with us for a bit, shook our hands and told us to be careful going home and to behave. :cool:

He was probably a rider himself. Thats awesome to hear, even better his feeling on carrying. I think they should all look at it like that.

I get warnings so much more often on my bike... I've passed 3 cops at triple digits and they never bothered to turn around... And I got a verbal warning for 97 in a 50 passing a car over a double yellow... Seems like cops are much easier on bikes... I go even 5 over in a car and I end up with a $150 ticket

That was decent break same thing with me last spring sheriff was a fellow rider as well got a warning and I was carrying. Seemed pretty cool during the while thing consider this a big break for the start of the season.

71 in a 55. That's almost legal lol. Glad you just got off with a warning. I saw a lot of sheriffs out today. I think I was in Coshocton county. Didn't get the chance to talk to any of them though.

I agree with the bike vs car thing, I just got fucked twice in 2 weeks for 75 in a 60 in the car. Get pulled over doing 60 in a 35 on the bike and let off with a warning and also chatted with him for about 5 minutes after. He did admit he used to ride so that probably helped.

I get warnings so much more often on my bike... I've passed 3 cops at triple digits and they never bothered to turn around... And I got a verbal warning for 97 in a 50 passing a car over a double yellow... Seems like cops are much easier on bikes... I go even 5 over in a car and I end up with a $150 ticket

I was told by a OSP once that when they have a bike fly by doing more then 30 over the speed limit that they dont even pull out that they just call ahead and let the next county know. He said they know they arent gonna catch em with those speeds and they know when and if they land that they will be picking them off the ground.

He should have given you a ticket for calling it a piece :D

I posted that for comedic purposes. :) I believe I mentioned that my firearm was in my glove box "yes my C14 has a glove box". He didnt ask for our proof of insurance either, was pretty cool right before he got back into his car he said "Semper Fidelis". We also had a few motorcyclists go by us laughing, little do they know we go let go. KARMA is a bitch boys, hope ya get busted!!!!! :D

I can't say without incriminating myself, but I'll say it's been over 15yrs since I've received a ticket...

Did all the traffic stops start with the officer saying "you got a purdy mouth boy"!!!:D Hey other than the speed trap in downtown Indy that busted me and Steve like 7 years ago, that was the first time I have even been pulled over, and I got a warning this time! :) Me even speeding is probably a shock to your system.

Good news to everyone who was worried that all these posts of riders getting off with only a warning might jinx their next ride. I have taken the hit for you.

I was riding through the back country roads of NE Ohio, no more than 5 over and often under the posted speed limits, but made the mistake of rolling up a big hill right into 35mph Waite Hill at 50mph after a few miles of 45mph roads.

The LEO was waiting in a church parking lot aiming his radar at the crest. He let the 2 cars ahead of me that were going the same speed pass by, but pulled out after me.

I had hoped for a warning. My driving record's been clean for 12 years, I'm over 30, riding with full protective gear in hi-viz safety colors and was as nice as I could be when speaking to him.

Nope. 50mph ticket in a 35. $189 going to the Waite Hill coffers. *sigh*

Edited by Agent3012

Good news to everyone who was worried that all these posts of riders getting off with only a warning might jinx their next ride. I have taken the hit for you.

I was riding through the back country roads of NE Ohio, no more than 5 over and often under the posted speed limits, but made the mistake of rolling up a big hill right into 35mph Waite Hill at 50mph after a few miles of 45mph roads.

The LEO was waiting in a church parking lot aiming his radar at the crest. He let the 2 cars ahead of me that were going the same speed pass by, but pulled out after me.

I had hoped for a warning. My driving record's been clean for 12 years, I'm over 30, riding with full protective gear in hi-viz safety colors and was as nice as I could be when speaking to him.

Nope. 50mph ticket in a 35. $189 going to the Waite Hill coffers. *sigh*

You won't get any warnings from Waite Hill... did he ask you why you were in his town? They used to have signs up at the line stating no through traffic you know because the residents are better than the rest of the world.

I tend to think its the CHL popping up on their screen that gets some of us warnings. I passed a OSP last summer I don't know exact speed but I was cruising over 80 on the bike he pulled through median got right up my ass followed me for a few miles and I could see him typing then just pulled into a turn around. Whatever it was I got lucky that day