Lake Erie circle tour?

redrocket04

If I did it I would want to do it sans hoopla. I would want to enjoy the ride without a bunch of other bikes in my way or interfering with my trip. This is the main reason I don't that vacation around holidays or special events.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Edited by 2talltim

You may consider doing this as part of a fundraiser for burned children. It was originally intended for under 250cc bikes, scooters, and even mopeds. They give out token prize money for finishing 1-2-3 in your class.

I will be going in "tourist" class just to participate as my bike is over 250cc.

Check it out here www.lakeerieloop.com .

$50 entry fee, but it's a good cause... The downside is that I work Saturdays.

If I did it I would want to do it sans hoopla. I would want to enjoy the ride without a bunch of other bikes in my way or interfering with my trip. This is the main reason I don't they vacation around holidays or special events.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Also, this.

The Lake Erie Loop ACBC run is just a 700 mile quick blast around the lake, no stopping except for gas and food, its a fund raiser started by a fellow firefighter from Brookpark, OH. He has a BBQ Friday night at the campground, the run Saturday, and then breakfast Sunday morning, again, fundraiser and social function at the same time. I try to hit the Friday and Sunday events. Its fun to attend the social stuff, some neat machines, but the run is a test of nerves and staying awake through some boring interstates, you can run the backroads but what's the point if its just a run to show you can do it as you aren't competing.

I just completed a loop around Lake Erie a few weeks back.

I want to second the suggestion to make sure you have a credit card with you, as many places big and small either whined about my debit card, or even flat-out refused to accept it.

And as mentioned, make sure that you have all the paperwork and documents needed, even if you don't think you'll need them. Here's the list of what you'll need that I used to prepare.

You may want to consider turning off your phone (or at least disabling "roaming") when you get to the border to avoid international rates, or check into a pre-paid international phone, text or data plan. I brought a car GPS with me instead of using my smartphone like I usually do because of the insane data rates. And paper maps. Lots of free paper maps from AAA.

You may consider doing this as part of a fundraiser for burned children. It was originally intended for under 250cc bikes, scooters, and even mopeds. They give out token prize money for finishing 1-2-3 in your class.

I will be going in "tourist" class just to participate as my bike is over 250cc.

Check it out here www.lakeerieloop.com .

That's the way I did it. One day non-stop around Lake Erie on a 125cc tiddler in the spirit of friendly competition. It was its own unique kind of fun.

Frankly, for just taking a ride, I can think of about a thousand places in the U.S. and Canada that would be more interesting and fun than crossing northern Ohio and southern Ontario. JMO.