First Drop

psyco1

Had a drop today, I was slowing down for a stop at the end of a curve and hit that yard wide strip of tar and gravel the county DOT likes putting down toward the sides of the roads. The front washed out and slid into the ditch, which luckily was only a foot deep or so, but filled with mud, gravel and last years leaves. I was only doing ten at the most and I was wearing gear, so damage to both of us was almost nonexistent. The left mirror needed bent back and there are a few more scratches on it now, but I consider this pretty lucky since it could have been worse. The front tire was covered in mud/gravel, so I wiped the brakes off and went home to wash it off.

Funny feeling, that going down.

If that was your first one then at least it is out of the way. Glad you are okay and it could happen to anyone.

Once you have the first accident you feel a bit more free, all of the pressure goes away. After getting hit by a car a couple years ago I though "hey that wasnt so bad" and got hit by a car again just about three weeks later

If that was your first one then at least it is out of the way. Glad you are okay and it could happen to anyone.

Once you have the first accident you feel a bit more free, all of the pressure goes away. After getting hit by a car a couple years ago I though "hey that wasnt so bad" and got hit by a car again just about three weeks later

Keep running your mouth about the rattle can and we can make it my truck next time.. :D

Glad you are ok! Everyone should really be careful right now, there is still a bunch of winter debris on the roads and the drivers haven't gotten used to seeing bikes on the road yet and won't be looking for you.