Xbox One.....

baptizo

Looks like it for xbox live. The actual cost for Xbox One is $500 and this was confirmed by the head of Microsoft at the conference.

I looked around and saw no reference to that statement, including hitting most of the major game sites from a year or two ago...stopped paying attention to gaming news over the last few years.  One European retailer has the console avaiable for pre-order for £400 or....$600....but that means jack.

I did find some other interesting stuff, seems like the only thing that will port over to the new xbox is music and video purchases.  I take that to mean live accounts with port over as well, since there hasn't really been any direct confirmation of that.  Basically no games will port over including: full titles, downloaded, arcade, and indie...and probably the avatar games everyone has forgotten about.  

I'm really kind of torn on this one. I like some of the features (like fantasy sports integration) but the used games thing really bothers me and really shows the greed of these companies. I really have no desire to watch tv on my xbox and the idea that they're selling about not having to switch inputs on your tv to play games, watch tv or watch a blu ray doesn't really matter to anyone who has bought a home theater receiver in the last 10 years since you can already do this. I really do prefer pc gaming and I do a lot of that but I also really like being able to play console games that are hooked up to my plasma and home theater system. Moving my pc into the living room isn't really an option either. Also, a lot of my friends aren't into pc gaming and I like playing with people I know. At the end of the day I'm not sure if I'll buy one or not. If the $500 price tag is accurate and XBL is going up to $120 per year that would really discourage me from buying. For that kind of coin, I could future-proof my pc for the next few years.

• Upvote 1

I found this funny as all hell

http://m.techradar.com/news/gaming/consoles/ea-reckons-xbox-one-and-ps4-are-a-generation-ahead-of-pc-1153821?post_id=1535037448_4495135546545#_=_

Bold words from the big guyAs the fanboy fighting over whether the PS4 or Xbox One deserves the new console gaming crown kicks off, EA has stepped in to claim that both are well ahead of the PC.According to EA's executive vice president and chief technology officer Rajat Teneja, speaking on Linkedin, the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 are "a generation ahead of the highest end PC on the market."His words are obviously creating some furor among gamers, but it's worth noting that these comments are aimed at the architecture of the new consoles, such as the use of unified memory which is not currently used on PCs, rather than straight power.

Computing the difference

"The compute capabilities of these platforms and the data transfer speeds we can now bank on, essentially removes any notion of rationing of systems resources for our game engines," he saidWe certainly know that Nvidia has a word or two to say otherwise, previously telling TechRadar that the PS4 could be compared to a low-end CPU.As for how the new consoles compare to the current ones, Teneja said, "Our benchmarks on just the video and audio performance are 8-10 times superior to the current gen."

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

I don't know about any of you but neither system has a video card that's even close to my pc card (radeon hd 7970) and the cpus being used neither are performance based cpus. If MS or Sony want serious performance they should be using at a minimum a hexacore intel cpu

I don't know about any of you but neither system has a video card that's even close to my pc card (radeon hd 7970) and the cpus being used neither are performance based cpus. If MS or Sony want serious performance they should be using at a minimum a hexacore intel cpu

This. My PC smokes both the PS4 and Xbox One - it's not even close. Which is highly disappointing seeing as my current build is over a year old and the consoles haven't even been released yet. That's a nice try by EA to mislead the uninformed.

I know my AMD FX-8350 and dual Radeon 7970 set up with 16gb RAM 1000watt PSU and 250 SSD and ROG Crosshair V MoBo are well ahead of these consoles so I'll stick to PC and my PS3 for a while.

Edited by Kmanlyst

I looked around and saw no reference to that statement, including hitting most of the major game sites from a year or two ago...stopped paying attention to gaming news over the last few years.  One European retailer has the console avaiable for pre-order for £400 or....$600....but that means jack.

I did find some other interesting stuff, seems like the only thing that will port over to the new xbox is music and video purchases.  I take that to mean live accounts with port over as well, since there hasn't really been any direct confirmation of that.  Basically no games will port over including: full titles, downloaded, arcade, and indie...and probably the avatar games everyone has forgotten about.  

Just watch the official Micosoft press conference from May 21st about the Xbox One. He announces the price as being $500. Im not sure about xbox live. I just read it somewhere and heard it from some friends. Also heard games will cost $70 for the xbox one.

lol I have the xbox 360 and ps3 and I built my own pc gaming rig. What now? I am a nerd and I love it. You lift bro? :cheers:

the only thing I lift are giant jugs of haterade

What's the appeal of PC gaming? Ive never gamed on a PC so pretty ignorant on how the whole process works.

I may be inclined to switch since I need a new desktop...

I like both but I enjoy my pc games better. Depends on your pc specs. If you have a build like mine then you can run ultra on every game at 1080p. The graphics are better and they run smoother at a high fps. You can do 3D gaming if your into that. No slowdowns and more ram allows the games to have more things going on in them. I prefer the keyboard and mouse over any analog controller. A laser mouse is more accurate and makes my gaming experience better. I love to play real time strategy games and the 360 does not have the processing power or ram to run a game like Shogun Total War 2. Seeing thousands of samurai fight each other being to control and see all their animations is the best. There is probably more but I usualy wait till the games go on sale and get them at 75% off with all the dlc. Got Saints Row the third for $11 for everything when my friend paid over $100 for the samething on the 360. I know you can resell the digital copy but I buy that game knowing I will play it a lot. Crap I played Rome Total War for 6 years and I still love. The processing speeds on the ai are amazing.

• Upvote 1

On a side note you can use the xbox 360 controller on a lot of the newer games if you want to. The original Crysis on ultra beats any 360 game or ps4 game. The programming on that game is on a different level. That game came out in 2007. Also more ram and processing power means you can play Battlefield 3 with 64 people on multiplayer. The 360 and ps3 can not do this.

• Upvote 2

On a side note you can use the xbox 360 controller on a lot of the newer games if you want to. The original Crysis on ultra beats any 360 game or ps4 game. The programming on that game is on a different level. That game came out in 2007. Also more ram and processing power means you can play Battlefield 3 with 64 people on multiplayer. The 360 and ps3 can not do this.

Okay, I was wondering how to use a controller on a PC since I'm not going to use the keyboard.  This is looking like the better option for me at the moment.  

Not to mention the keyboard and mouse are superior when it comes to FPS games.

Yes lol. I have played fps games on the controller for a long time and even did mlg. The keyboard and mouse allow me to do things and have a faster reaction time then the analog controller. More buttons and I can use macros lol. I use the twin laser rat 7 gaming mouse.