Racers Edge

ZxHooligan

I have not but every time I see a craigslist ad from them the bike is way over priced in my opinion.  I believe they buy fucked up bikes and fix them back up.  I think they end up with too much invested in them to give a fair deal.  I could be wrong for the most part.

I do believe that most if not all are salvage title bikes. i know one buddy of mine bought one from them. Never had a problem out of it. I don't know what he paid for it but would definatley take extra care looking it over.

I know a guy that bought a '99 KX250 from them about 5 years ago. Bike looked really good, but they "forgot" to fill the crankcase with oil so the main went quick on his test ride around their lot. They fixed it with another crank, rod, mains but it would burn case oil when he rode it hard so the rings were obviously going too. Definitely check anything over thoroughly before buying, but their prices do seem kind of high especially if salvaged titles.

You can check their site to see if there's anything you want before going all the way there

http://www.racersedge411.com/

Edited by Hellmutt

A guy from work found a bike on their site, called about it and then drove all the way out there to find that they didn't even have the bike even though on the web/phone they said they did. He was pissed. He's a bodybuilder and pretty damn big...I'm glad I wasn't there to face his ire.

I know a guy that bought a '99 KX250 from them about 5 years ago. Bike looked really good, but they "forgot" to fill the crankcase with oil so the main went quick on his test ride around their lot.

So how do you "forget" to fill the crankcase of a 2 stroke that takes NO motor oil :confused:​  Trans oil maybe. Kawasaki didn't make a 250 four stroke till 2004 and it was actually a Suzuki  :)

Uh.....crankcase IS the trans and bottom end :dunno:

Not so on a 99 KX 2-stroke. The trans oil never comes into contact with the engine internals. OK if the crank seals go bad oil can seep into the engine crankcase. Maybe they didn't put pre-mix into the gas tank and straight gassed it? 

Not so on a 99 KX 2-stroke. The trans oil never comes into contact with the engine internals. OK if the crank seals go bad oil can seep into the engine crankcase. Maybe they didn't put pre-mix into the gas tank and straight gassed it?

Possible they didnt fill it with premix, but you're telling me that the main brgs/crank dont need oil other than the bit thats in the fuel? :confused:

you're telling me that the main brgs/crank dont need oil other than the bit thats in the fuel? :confused:

Yes, just like all 2 strokes and I currently own 8 ( 4 street, 4 MX) not 1 of them has engine oil in the engine, trans only. Same concept as a chainsaw, weed wacker, leaf blower ect...

Ah, you're right.....and I've done several top ends on 2 strokes but only split 1 apart and now that you mention it, I just now recall the main brgs press in from the outside of each case half- guess it just never registered there wasn't any oil directly on the crank lobes/rod. So, yes they presumably failed to fill the trans :D Didn't even register in my walnut sized brain that fluids of any sort would easily cavitate with the high revs on the crank/rod.....I guess I never should've quit smokin dope afterall :lol:

Sorry about the thread derail Corey, carry on folks

Edited by Hellmutt