Seriously Considering An 03 Triumph Sprint St

Gixxus Christ!

FZ1 or Bandit.....I love the old Gixxer motor, so torquey....but that FZ1 looks like a sweet one to ride with Hailwoods setup.  

Good luck making the decision, Sam....so many choices. 

I'm gonna put bets that he goes with the fz1 human centipede. People just go coocoo for centipede.

I just got some new tires on mine tonight.  Always impressed with how well it does just about everything.

Edited by Hailwood
  • Upvote 1

I rode mandem on the back of one once, seemed to have pretty good power.

Hah, I had almost forgotten about that.

Cycleworld once called it the "easiest multi-cylinder bike to wheelie" when they originally tested it back when it first came out.  I don't know if that's true anymore, but I've never had any complaints about the power.

I call front in the caterpillar.

The FZ is a fantastic bike. It will do anything you need it to, and the Gen1 models are getting very reasonably priced.

This!!! Except get the gen II. FI, more HP, lighter and better suspension. You'll want to upgrade the seat and maybe bars, but great all rounder.

My biggest complaint is that the rear grab handles won't allow cheap saddlebags to be used on it, but I just use a rear seat bag.

Edited by max power

Gen 2 is out of my price range.

TL1000 is pretty damn easy to wheelie.

Love the zrx and bandit but also kinda want to go with a water cooled bike.

Zzr12 would be awesome if I could find one.

Also looking at older gl1100's without fairing, thers an '80.interstate on cl for cheap, looks pretty smooth as a bagger. If I went this route I would probably either keep the TL or sell it and get a lighter sport bike, r6 or f4

I'm sick of bike shopping.

Edited by CrazySkullCrusher

Do you plan on riding with a passenger? If so heres my input. I had an Aprilia Futura which is about as close as you can get to a Sprint in size and riding position. I loved it for riding solo, but add a passenger and the fun ended. Riding position although aggressve was super comfortable for me alone but add a passenger leaning on me and the added weight to my wrists was too much. And the short wheel base once again was great solo and it would throttle wheelie in 1, 2 and sometimes 3rd gear...AWSOME! Until the ol lady was on back compounding the tendency to wheelie . I ended up getting a FJR1300 and the added 5 inches of wheelbase is just what is needed for passenger comfort, and allows me to accelerate with authority and have my headlights pointing at the road. Also the slightly less aggressive seating position is enjoyable with a passenger.. I have NO ISSUES WITH THE HANDLING. I can rail on this bike

I'm estimating I get around $3k from insurance and can sell my minorly wrecked shadow for a grand so $4k....

There will be no fz1 centepede. Not to say I won't buy one, just not going to do the whole ass sewn to mouth thing with ya.. .its kinda creepy

i picked mine up for a few hundred less than 4K, and I could've done better if i wasn't so impatient (2006 with 30K miles, sargeant seat, big ass windscreen, slip on, bunch of handy useful mods).

you can find a better deal me, surely.,,  i'm just a chump with an anus sewed to my mouth.

And he's a bit of a cock. He wants to bundle a bunch of shit I don't want or need into the deal. Ramp, tie downs, jackets and helmets that are 2 sizes too big....he won't drop the price and just sell the bike without all his garbage and he wasn't exactly polite about it so he's probably not going to see a dime of my money.

And he's a bit of a cock. He wants to bundle a bunch of shit I don't want or need into the deal. Ramp, tie downs, jackets and helmets that are 2 sizes too big....he won't drop the price and just sell the bike without all his garbage and he wasn't exactly polite about it so he's probably not going to see a dime of my money.

That sucks. Why doesn't he unload his used gear on FZ1OA or CL like everyone else? He'll, buy it with all the shit and sell it to recoup some $. It's still a helluva deal. Probably being cocky because he has so much interest at that price with all the mods. If its as clean a unit as it appears in pics, it's worth it.