My Niece Made The Cover Of Ridin On Magazine

HeavyDuty

No offense Heavy D, but this is a ridiculous statement. It's not typically you that you have to worry about, it's other drivers. You takin er easy with the ol lady on the back isn't gonna mean jack shit when that car turns left in front of you.

HD riders crack me up with the whole mentality that "we don't ride fast, so we don't need any protective gear" even though most will spend the majority of every "ride" in a bar with a beer in hand.

That squid sportbike rider you see at QSL with a wife beater and flip flops has the exact same protection as the helmet less HD rider who thinks gear is some sleeveless leather vest, a do rag and jeans. IT'S THE EXACT SAME THING.

Wear your gear, man. It's not a coolness contest out there.

I totally agree with this statement, but that's NOT why I personally wear my helmet, jacket, and pants... I wear them because they are comfortable. I can't tell you how many times I've hit chunks of gravel flying off someone's tire or large bugs including bees, wasps, hornets, beetles...

I can't tell you because 99% of the time they hit somewhere that is protected, and I don't feel it.. the few times I've gone without, that shit sucked...

Wear what you want, for whatever reason you want, I wear my gear because it's comfortable, the fact that it protects me in an emergency is a secondary function, a bonus...

the wind noise without a helmet, and the annoying flutter of cotton beating your skin... not any fun for me.

• Upvote 2

The original photographer for this magazine was killed last year in a bike accident he was not wearing a helmet and died from head injuries.

My niece and her husband are avid Harley Riders and I believe they never wear Helmets the photographer that was killed was her husband’s best friend. Any debate on to wear a helmet or not is a waste of time you cannot change some peoples mind.

I will ask her if it would be alright if I post other pictures of her you cannot tell in these pictures but she has full sleeve tats on both arms her back and legs believe me when I say these pictures do not do her justice in real life this girl is smoking

I was at the QS Bike Night in Austintown A few weeks ago. Almost every single spot bike rider that came in was dressed in shorts and tee shirts and had their helmets hooked to the back of their bikes so it is not just the Harley rider that are doing it.

I wear a helmet whenever I am on the bike by myself  because I tend to take more chances and ride very aggressively but when I have the wife on the bike we do not wear helmets and I take no chances with her and take things very easy.

With something tragic like that happening, wouldnt you think that was a wake up call? Would a helmet have made a difference in that accident and helped increase his odds, would he possibly be alive and still riding to this day? Yeah squids can be just as bad, but since there are more "Harley type" riders in the USA by far, they tend to get the most shit hurled their way for playing dress up or the lack there of. Indian Larry fell off the back of his bike doing a very low speed maneuver trick that he had done hundreds of times, all he did was hit the back of his head on the pavement and now he is 6 ft under. I don't give a flying shit what anybody thinks of my choice to wear gear all the time, I am more comfortable, don't get sunburn, don't get smacked in face with bugs and other painful objects, have better visibility, stay cooler or warmer depending on weather, and don't have to pull under an overpass when it rains. There is a good reason for the word faceplant, because more times than none if you go down your face is gonna make contact with the tarmac. These absolutely hilarious so called helmets that I see some cruiser folks wearing just makes me shake my head, they will do you little to no good in a get off, might as well not be wearing a helmet. To each their own for sure, choice is good and I hope it stays that way. Be safe out there, dress for the wreck not for the look.

• Upvote 1

Eh, the chick ain't my cup of tea, ill leave it at that to avoid being an asshole.

I agree the cover promotes idiotic behavior, slam down a few beers and a margarita, hop on your bike with zero protection and look totally bad-ass all the way to the E.R.

this is coming from an ex-pirate that used to get sauced at the busted knuckle saloon, then ride home in jeans and t-shirt.

I openly shake my head right at squids and pirates riding around with nothing but dumb luck preserving their skins...

• Upvote 2

I openly shake my head at squids and pirates riding around with nothing but dumb luck preserving their skins...

Damn, sir, I think I finally found a quote for my signature block...

I'll admit, I've rode without my jacket a couple times. However, after I looked some crash photos, without any gear on.... Needless to say, I keep it on. And gloves. Always wear my helmet, no exceptions. That's just me though.

• Upvote 1

Funny story: got hit by a car a few weeks ago, full gear, couple bruises. The other drivers insurance adjuster shows up last week to take pics of the damage, chin is one big scab, black eye, broken blood vessels in same eye, palms raw etc. He's like 'yeah, I just laid my 74 Harley down last week, left the kick stand down" me: 'were you wearing any gear?' Him: 'nope'. Me: 'that's why your face is all fucked up. I just got hit by a fucking dodge dude, and I'm ok because I'm smart enough to wear the gear' him: 'well lets take some pics of this bike...'

• Upvote 4

Seriously all you gear nazi's don't miss a chance to preach. You wear what you want, her and her husband will wear what they want and I'll wear what I want.

Gear Nazi's and Organ Donors. 

• Upvote 2

' him: 'well lets take some pics of this bike...'

badoomtish! LOL

bravo to the OP for whatever mag she got onto. Girls on covers of mags are supposed to look like pieces of ass so they sell copies of the magazine, not sell gear. 

tragically weird story about the photog. You'd think that would sort of be a life changer being related and all. 

badoomtish! LOL

bravo to the OP for whatever mag she got onto. Girls on covers of mags are supposed to look like pieces of ass so they sell copies of the magazine, not sell gear.

tragically weird story about the photog. You'd think that would sort of be a life changer being related and all.

Now stop using logic and shit. How many advertisements for poker runs have you seen in memory of their fallen "brother" or "sister"? I've seen a ton!! The beauty of it is they honor his/her memory by doing exactly what killed their friend in the first place. Go on a long ride (to them, it's 40 miles...yeah true story), stop at every bar and drink, then press your luck in the dark, drunk and with no gear. I swear they'll never learn. Edited by twowheelsnake
  • Upvote 2

poker runs

Yup, signed up for one...my first..idiot me..clueless. Rendezvous was at a bar. M'eh, figured its 7PM, dinner..right?

Still didn't "get it"....Cool, got my card..wait, what? next rally point is..another bar?

I left.

I've been down twice and lived because I was wearing a helmet....and I also learned the value of wearing the appropriate gear after suffering through some f'in painful road rash.  

You know, the saying holds true - stupid should hurt and it hurt like hell.  Never again.  

• Upvote 3

Now stop using logic and shit. How many advertisements for poker runs have you seen in memory of their fallen "brother" or "sister"? I've seen a ton!! The beauty of it is they honor his/her memory by doing exactly what killed their friend in the first place. Go on a long ride (to them, it's 40 miles...yeah true story), stop at every bar and drink, then press your luck in the dark, drunk and with no gear. I swear they'll never learn.

And often to assist with the fallen rider's medical or burial expenses while their family struggles without them.

But hey, it feeds their "combat brother in arms" mythos.