Looking For A Reputable Mechanic In The Newark/heath Area

porschefan

I have a '06 Katana 750 (all stock) that I cannot get to run right after jacking with the carburetors. I've got factory manuals, and eventually would like to learn how to maintain the bike, but I've had it apart for over a month and am out of patience.

I'm looking for a reputable mechanic with experience on air/oil cooled suzuki's, preferably katanas. If there is a member that is super good with a wrench that wants to run me through what I'm doing wrong that would be even better, and I'll pay for the privilege. Eventually though it will need valve adjustments and the like and I would like to have someone I can trust to do the work right.

Let me know who you folks trust, and please no lampooning the teapot. She's enough of a shut-in as it is.

Nowhere in Newark worth stopping.

For that my suggestion would be Full House Cycles on Taylor road by Mt Carmel. He's old school and deals with air cooled and carbs.

My real suggestion though to better your situation would be part it out on EBay and get a different bike.

I'm no pro but there's no way would I part it out! Heck, being stock and only 7 years old means she's still a baby. I top-end-overhauled an 85 Honda over the winter without any prior experience and she runs like a top now.

PM me your email address and tell me what you did before it stopped running right. Everything. You can get her back in full form if you're patient and methodical and I'll be happy to spell out the basic steps.

Nowhere in Newark worth stopping.

For that my suggestion would be Full House Cycles on Taylor road by Mt Carmel. He's old school and deals with air cooled and carbs.

My real suggestion though to better your situation would be part it out on EBay and get a different bike.

I tried calling them, it seems the number has been disconnected.

Do any of the forum members do work? I've seen a few names, hoblick comes up a bit.

The bike shouldn't have anything really wrong with it other than I don't know what i'm doing, and maybe a clutch issue (part of the reason I wanted to clean the carbs, first gear seems to lose torque after 6000 rpm)

I'll post some more details later when I'm at a keyboard. I'm off today so I have time to put it together and take it somewhere.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2