Gordon Gee Out

cmh_sprint

I think it has a lot more to do with how the board treated him over it. He is the most notable university president in the country, and they told him to stop speaking in public so much and requested he hire a coach to help him do his job. I think he is simply fed up, and I don't blame him one bit. I think the board completely mishandled this, and are to blame for his decision to retire.

• Upvote 1

I haven't liked him since he had "you know who" speak at the commencement................to hell with that ole bastard. He also threw Tressel under the bus as well, so Karma is a bitch.

Well, we all know how he is...  I think its hard to believe how this all came out after so many months when the comments were first made.  I had the pleasure meeting him a couple of times in the past especially.  It was hard to sit in front of him at a basketball game during the whole Jim Tressell "Tattoo-gate" came up.  But I shook his hand.  Hopefully the new person that comes in will be able to help raise the $$$ like Gee has.  #GOBUCKS!

• Upvote 1

If anyone has any hard feeling for Gee, I have two words for you: Karen Holbrook. I guarantee Gee will never complain about "drunken orgees" to another academic institution. OSU is a better institution for having his 2 terms as president. Too bad he couldn't practice a little more self censorship. Now, he needs to rescind his apology to Brett Bielema.

I think he was a hell of a lot better than Holbrook, or whatever the hell her name was. She tried to turn Ohio State into Harvard-on-the-Olentangy.

Gee would walk around the oval and chat up actual students - my son would see him all the time. The man made a few comments too un-PC for the elitist university set. Oh well, it's the way game goes now. He started the administration gig before there were cell phones to video every move he made - old habits die hard. Gee thought he could make a few rah-rah comments in front of the sports nuts.

Guess not.

Anyone else read the title and think this thread was about Gordon Gee announcing he was gay?

No.  I think you were the first.

• Upvote 1

As I live in Cleveland, I couldn't care less about OSU. I hope they do good but that's where it ends, but, I'm like that about a lot of things anyhow. I was never insulted by anything he said, but, again, not much insults me. I guess this is big news to many. Too bad folks can't say a few jokes anymore. Open season though on whoever the media doesn't like, hell, that's 1st Amendment stuff pal. Notre Dame, who in the past had consistent big losing records but seemed to always be in the top ten in pre-season polls, well, now, that ain't gonna sit well is it? Ratings =money. Better get rid of him. BTW, I hate ND too.