Dyno!!!

Hirtzi

It makes zero difference where you go if you are just running it.  $50 doesn't get you a tune.  Will show the curve and any issues, but it goes from there.  My suggestion is to hook up with DTM Brian as he has the knowledge, tuning link and is capable of tuning better than most.  That knowledge and ability will cost you close to $300 or more.

And, don't get hung up on numbers.  Its the curve that is the important part.  Look at the base run and the curve and if the tune takes out the roughness and increases certain deficiencies, who gives a shit about what power it makes?  Most likely, the power gains will be seen in the tuned vs. base line.  If one dyno reads higher than another, it has zero input into the way the bike is really making power and how well.

Base line to tuned.  Look at that difference and don't worry about peak power...

• Upvote 1

I normally don't agree with anything Casper says, just on principal.  But Dyno Brian is the man. I drove from Cleveland to Columbus just to have him do my bike. He fixed a multitude of problems...pinging in hot weather at highway speed. Very flat roll on through mid range.  Over rich idle that you could f'ing smell at a light.

I paid something like 200-250 or so for him to do it. But it depends on the bike...dual exhaust vs single exhaust...what PCI you have....talk to him but that is the range it will be in.  The 50 dollar thing is fine if you want to see your curve and your peak HP and stuff. But that is all you will get from anyone...just the pull and the readout.  Brian can certainly do that for you too.

• Upvote 1