Isle Of Mann Crash

ReconRat

11 injuried with one serious.

A Kawasaki fishtailed down a hill at high speed, tossed it's rider and literally disintegrated.

With the parts flying into the crowd. Rider not hurt after a belly slide.

Eleven spectators injured after motorbike crash during first lap of Isle of Man TT race

article-2337492-1A330A41000005DC-330_634

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/06/07/article-2337492-1A330A41000005DC-330_634x479.jpg

Edited by ReconRat

Welcome to the TT. Guys pushing the limits in the Senior on street roads. It bothers me that they always threaten to stop  it because of how dangerous it is, but to be honest, that's what makes the TT what it is. No one is forcing anyone to ride in it against their will and if they choose to do it, they take the risks. As far as the research I've done, most of the danger relies with the spectators. They put themselves so close to the action and then people are shocked if they get hurt. 

Don't blame the race, it's not the races fault for people getting hurt. It's human error.

I do however hope everyone is ok.

Sorry for the rant, just annoyed when they blame the race for being so dangerous and that's why people get hurt. It's like blaming a wild tiger for mauling someone who enters their cage while feeding.

• Upvote 1

Agreed. Let folks stand behind a short, drystacked stone wall to get close to the action and all safety protocol is out the door. The riders knowingly endanger themselves for our entertainment and their braggin' rights, but it's senseless they let the public do the same :nono:

Gotta say that seeing the TT in person is on the bucket list.  Still think the best vantage point may be in my living room, though.