Crashed Zzr - Decent Deal?

redkow97

http://cleveland.craigslist.org/mcy/3906712334.html

"

04 zzr600 10500 miles! Wrecked! Needs all 3 case covers both foot pegs 1 new can and all new plastic is needed! Text only I work nights and sleep all day! Willing to trade for 4x4 with some cash from me 440-796-5379
  • it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

Posting ID: 3906712334

Posted: 2013-07-01, 9:59AM EDT

email to a friend

"

The ZZR600 shares tons of parts with the prior generation ZX-6, so parts should be everywhere.  I'm talking for the case covers and rearsets.  I don't care about the fairings at all, and that would be the expensive part.

What am I NOT thinking of?

Well, I think if you can get him down to $500 or $600 it'd be a deal.  A friend of mine recently bought an 07 ZZR in mint for $1800.  So only a thousand bucks less for one that's wrecked isn't too much better.

Parts are everywhere though.  If you get him down a little, could be a good fixer upper.

I am always a little wary of buying anything I can't at least see/hear run, let alone test ride, but 10k on that engine is nothing.

And they are tanks. There was an article where a magazine actively tried to kill one. Ran it at the rev limiter for a day straight, the. Drained the oil and kept running it. Still took longer than you would guess to die.

"95" horsepower is plenty for the street, but I know the V7 guys are general of the opinion theat the ZX6/zzr of that era has more power than the F2/F3. A pipe and a tune would probably put 90 to the wheel.

Dirt bars, used stock rear sets, and ride it naked.