Tl1000s Basket Case Feeler

Gixxus Christ!

Not exactly a basket case, I have pretty much a whole bike. Low sided it into a ditch last fall at about 45 mph. Exploded the left fairing and windshield, cracked the radiator and bent the headers. I have a new windshield and a fairing that just needs painted. There's a dent in the tank from the left bar. Kickstand and shifter were mangled but replaced. Honestly with a couple hundred bucks and a few hours its on the road again. Motor starts right up but is leaking oil at the drain plug, probably knocked loose. I simply dont have the need for another fast bike right now, the bandit is enough for me and I need to shift my focus to finishing my superhonda motor build, which has been dragging along for years. Would make a great bike for street, track or even stunt. Ill even throw in a set of 6 pot calipers and 5/8 master cyl. I have contacts on tlplanet that have the parts needed to make it a whole bike again. Ill post pics if there's any interest. Comes with a set of brand spankin new conti motions (not mounted). There's maybe 20k on the clock, would have to go look. I already had the paint matched and I guess ill throw in a quart of it, but its not mixed.

Thinking around $1750. Or make me an offer, worse I can say is 'get fucked'.

Tail fairings were removed so I could get at the exhaust hangers and replace them. They are in good shape.

IMAG0687.jpg

The belly fairing is pretty busted up, probably not salvageable.

IMAG0688.jpg

One side of the headlight is pretty scuffed up, I have replacement fairing stay/mirrors bracket.

IMAG0689.jpg

Here you can see how tweaked the headers are. There's a guy on tlplanet with a full set for $50+shipping. Radiator will run $150-200. Would make a sweet street fighter for someone who had time to dick with it.

IMAG0690.jpg

Tank is dark green. They recalled the 97 tanks because of a leak around the fuel pump. P.O. took it in last year or the year before and they were out of red tanks so they gave him a green one. Also has the recall steering damper, manual fan switch, smart TRE and newer stator.

Pazzo knock-off levers, pro-grip grips, emgo annodized pegs, comes with both rear seat and cowl.

Edited by CrazySkullCrusher

73 Honda 750 punched out to 850 with 11.5:1 pistons, hot cam, racing valves, heavy duty springs and chain tensioner, ported and polished head, heavy duty clutch, modded carbs, velocity stacks, header with gutted can, dyna s ignition and coils....

• Upvote 1

40 yrs in the making motherfucker....at least from the castings. I've been slowly building this gorilla-raping murder-cycle for the past few years with the money I've earned from grave robbing and purse-snatching. If I can sell this bike and a few mildly radioactive components that I've supplied to the D.O.D...some tasty nuggets of technology.....I might have this mill grinding rubber and shining smiles by September.

Anyway, come buy my shit.

• Upvote 1

40 yrs in the making motherfucker....at least from the castings. I've been slowly building this gorilla-raping murder-cycle for the past few years with the money I've earned from grave robbing and purse-snatching. If I can sell this bike and a few mildly radioactive components that I've supplied to the D.O.D...some tasty nuggets of technology.....I might have this mill grinding rubber and shining smiles by September.

Anyway, come buy my shit.

Escape from the Prison Planet...another Clutch fan I presume?  

• 2 weeks later...

Bump. Would like this gone, it hurts me every time I try to work on it. Found a set of headers for $70 shipped from a guy on TL planet. Another guy has a radiator for I think around $175. I'm dropping the price to $1500, mainly because geico settled my injury claim from my accident back in may for $1500 and I figure 3k will get me a nice something new.