Stp Fuel Treatment

mfs81

• 3 weeks later...

I think i got bad gas 2 weeks ago at a shell in falmouth Ky.  area guys know the place.  we always stop there and get gas.  been getting it there since 2003.

never had a problem before.

well my bike was hard to start this past sat.  and when it did it would almost cut out when you gave it gas.   I looked in the tank with a match....lol not.  a flashlight and it was kind of clear looking and not much gasoline smell.  and I could see fucking rust on the bolt parts for the fuel pump base in the bottom.  I never seen it in there and I had the tank off earlier this summer. 
I think it was either a lot of ethanol or water.  I drained it out and it was crystal clear like water.  that was not fucking gas at all. 

I can't believe I made it home on that shit without noticing anything different with the bike.

the fresh gas was amber like beer.  so moral of the story is doesn't really matter what brand you get you can get bad gas from even the top names.

oh and I used gumout regain fuel system cleaner lol.  runs like a champ again.

Edited by serpentracer

Wynn's Powercharger injector cleaner once a year or so. Lucas Fuel treat for an over the winter storage stabilizer, I usually pick up 2-3 mile/gallon in my truck with this stuff too. Our shop is a Lucas product dealer so I've been using it for almost a decade with nothing but good results.