Case Savers?

RHill

Anyone have any experience with cheap case savers?  such as this

I was thinking about modifying a new case cover to bolt on a stainless slider plate, but wanted to get an opinion on these first.

Yeah, I run Woodcraft on both sides.  They were crashed before I got them, and I had a whoopsie with them once.  They saved both sides, for the price and what they do, it'd be pointless to try to make your own.  Pony up and buy the good stuff.

Oh and stop crashing ;) 

Yeah, I run Woodcraft on both sides.  They were crashed before I got them, and I had a whoopsie with them once.  They saved both sides, for the price and what they do, it'd be pointless to try to make your own.  Pony up and buy the good stuff.

Oh and stop crashing ;)

I'd love to run woodcraft; have their frame sliders and they worked great....twice, but the stator cover and crank protector would cost 1/3 of what I paid for my bike initially.  I'm trying to keep as much money as possible going toward track time; so if I can spend a little time and make something that will save the case in the event of a lowside, I'll be happy.

My point is it's 30 bux, if you can make something and not spend more time than that 30 bux is worth have at it.  I cannot, but I don't have resources to make it either.  Granted I still wouldn't, but I get what you are saying.

Either way, I'd personally pony up, buy the ones that are done, put um on, and you'll be set.  My Woodcrafts are dope.

Thought you were referring to the woodcraft covers/sliders not the cheap ones.  For the price of the cheap ones, I'd just buy them; just wondered if anyone else had crash tested them and how they hold up.

Oh no, sorry, I doubt I made myself totally clear, was pissed off at the wreck which made my commute avg speed 30mph for 1.5 hrs.  Anyways, I haven't tried those, but I absolutely would try them before using nothing.  I mean they are T6 alum, I know a lot of stuff these days use that grade, so I would think they would be a good alternative.

If anything, you can be the test subject(dummy hehe) and let everyone else know how they work.  Or hopefully you drop the coin, then never have to use them.