You Meet The Nicest People On A Goldwing Well Almost

HeavyDuty

Even if its a glass of water at room temperature that's still assault and turning the argument into a fight. It was a completely different tune in the thread where the ex-osu football player was shooting his gun at the guy in Delaware.

Cooter, as an ex cop, i dont have a problem with what they did... guess im broken..

Are you saying legally you think that was ok? Are you saying that you feel there isn't a greater risk to the other motorists if he was sprayed with OC? Are you saying that they didn't go from an argument to a fight at that point? Those are the only points I'm making. As current federal law enforcement I know that because my personal opinion is someone got what they deserved I can't ignore the law and say its not assault if I'm called in.

Would I do it? No. I see both sides to this though. If the man would have pulled his legally owned firearm and shot the woman on the back of the bike would he have been charged using the firehouse lawyer logic used to defend the woman? Then what? He was a moron who almost caused serious harm. the key word here is ALMOST. Not did. You are either pregnant or not. You are either dead or not. Never ALMOST. He almost hit them. He didn't though. Give him an earful and move on hoping he learned something. To attack him, and she did, may temporarily feel good but really is against the law as he didn't cause you harm and if he did you might get charged anyhow. All involved are very lucky.

• Upvote 1

Conversely, he could say she threatened him with bodily harm somehow, so that argument doesn't work. Police don't have to see a crime for a person to be charge or convicted, its why we have witnesses. So it comes down to he said, she said, and in the end a judge and jury has heard that a woman sprayed a driver with pepper spray, whatever happened just prior makes no difference even if the guy was an asshat who ALMOST hit them. 

Conversely, he could say she threatened him with bodily harm somehow, so that argument doesn't work. Police don't have to see a crime for a person to be charge or convicted, its why we have witnesses. So it comes down to he said, she said, and in the end a judge and jury has heard that a woman sprayed a driver with pepper spray, whatever happened just prior makes no difference even if the guy was an asshat who ALMOST hit them.

Yup and all you need is for someone to ALMOST shoot you and you can use deadly force. A car is a deadly weapon against a motorcycle.

I won't argue that a car is deadly. I won't argue that what the guy did was really stupid. I won't argue that he almost caused great harm to a few people. I won't argue that what the woman did was deserving. I'm playing devil's advocate and the reality is that even though he may have almost caused an accident, she most certainly sprayed him. Whether or not we think it was right or wrong or deserving or not or even if he called her names and threatened her. witnesses may have seen what he did, but most likely did not hear what he may have said, they also may have seen what she did, and in the end, whether you like it or not, she could be charged. I'm just glad it went no further and everyone went home fairly intact.

Edited by Strawboss

Good way to get yourself shot, pointing something at someome after a near incident. Lucky they didnt really get run over after that. Hopefully the kid just followed thek and reported the incident. We all stop pqying attention from time to time while drivimg, and if you say otherwise, well let me tell you about my time machine and how I went back on your birthday amd boinked your mom....

You almost physically harmed me and now you said mean things so I am going to physically harm you.  Were they on a playground when this happened by chance? 

The driver is an asshole for driving the way he did but the passenger that sprayed is an idiot.  If someone sprayed me with anything I would be pissed and would probably react poorly which could end in someone being seriously injured.  What if she sprays him and he trys to chase them down and not being able to see very well he ends up hitting them or someone else.  Stupid decision that could lead to others being hurt or killed.

You're right. She should have completely neutralized the threat by putting a JHP in his temple.

If anyone pulls up next to me and starts spraying me with pepper spray I most certainly am going to send a few JHP's their way, although I would be aiming at center mass.

I would bet a month’s pay no report will ever be filed my guess is he would have been arrested for driving under the influence or possession there was no danger to anyone else the woman did not fire him up until he put his car into park There was enough said by the asshat that my kickstand was already on the ground when she spayed him. I think after that the asshats only concern was getting out of the area before the cops showed up. Don’t F with  a crazy old woman

If anyone pulls up next to me and starts spraying me with pepper spray I most certainly am going to send a few JHP's their way, although I would be aiming at center mass.

You should have pulled over not escalated the situation. Guilty of assault. :easy_button:

Edited by Kritz