Putnam 8/24/13....who's In?

Helmutt

I'm not sure about Joe, but I asked Marty via FB when he posted about last weekend and he said he had "another obligation" on the 24/25th.

Later, Doug

Aww damn, well we may have to resort to shitty cel phone pics then :(

I had the best time to date on a motorcycle yesterday, learned a lot about the limits of my bike. I was suprised i didn't see ANY other hypersports out there, but obviously they aren't the best option for corner carving. I really enjoyed trying to hang with the smaller bikes in the turns and moreso enjoyed making up time in the straights ;).

Mine could've been better had the suspension been setup for what we were doing.

Doug, what were you riding? I'm sure I saw ya out on track but no clue what steed you saddled up

I have some video of my last couple sessions to upload too

Doug, what were you riding? I'm sure I saw ya out on track but no clue what steed you saddled up

I was riding my Kawazuki.

Posted Image

I agree my suspension needs tweaked too. I really need to get the Fox Racing shock sitting on the shelf rebuilt and tuned to my weight especially if I keep going to track days.

Later, Doug

Ah, ok. I remember following you on some corners now. Good lines too, iirc think I followed you and helped me find a little more time in between 2 & 3 that helped me setup turn 4. I was turning in too quickly after turn 2 and would point/shoot towards 3 instead of drifting wider out of 2. Pretty sure that was the 2nd session after lunch. I was on the silver ZX14 with the loudmouthed Brocks Megaphone :D

I was riding my Kawazuki.

211543E9-C63E-4861-B5C2-C2DD0C1270E1-145

I agree my suspension needs tweaked too. I really need to get the Fox Racing shock sitting on the shelf rebuilt and tuned to my weight especially if I keep going to track days.

Later, Doug

Oh man, you were a riot to chase! I loved coming down the front straight and into the first corner with you. I was impressed with how quick your bike was.

A8A5B8C7-2E98-4702-9661-9EECCFBC0904-277

heres another of my bike- I obviously didn't have luggage at the track

5ac4659d-b966-42f9-a2b1-b7bab8fdf475_zps

Oh man, you were a riot to chase! I loved coming down the front straight and into the first corner with you. I was impressed with how quick your bike was.

Thanks! Not bad for a 24 year old 750cc bike, eh? LOL. I was running in 3rd gear, I think, for most of the track. I was able to hit 5th toward the end of the main straight.

I wish I wouldn't have asked what bikes you guys were running before we got to the event. We could have hung out.

Later, Doug

I ran 2nd most of the track, 3rd now and then into turn 1, but barely hit 4th gear in the straight before I had to brake. Me and the bike combined weighs out about 800lbs so my front rotors are now a bit more blue than before the trackday :D

I've cut some weight in an attempt to get back into my 1pc before Saturday, but just couldn't lose enough to make it comfy to ride in so went with the textile puptent and hammock this time :nono:

Next year I'll be more fit, able to wear the suit, and definitely have more fun without today's soreness :lol: