Reduction In Fee For Late Registration

Cdubyah

Effective July 1, 2013, the current fee for late renewal of motor vehicle registration will be reduced from $20 to $10. In addition, the previous 7-day grace period associated with the fee has been extended to 30 days.

Just saw this today. Figured I would pass it along.

• Upvote 1

Effective July 1, 2013, the current fee for late renewal of motor vehicle registration will be reduced from $20 to $10. In addition, the previous 7-day grace period associated with the fee has been extended to 30 days.

Just saw this today. Figured I would pass it along.

SWEET!

It was just another way to rip off the poor. Now just less so. Don't understand how it was ever justified to begin with.

How is that aimed at the poor? It's a ripoff for everyone. That said, if you renew it on time there's no late fee :D It's odd to see any gov't entity reduce fees.

How is that aimed at the poor? It's a ripoff for everyone. That said, if you renew it on time there's no late fee :D It's odd to see any gov't entity reduce fees.

Because the poor are the ones who will wait because they dont have the money. Duh ;)

i dont really understand how ppl were getting late fees in the first place... they send you a notice like a month and a half before it actually expires. plus you can renew online in like 3 minutes.