Fs 2012 Triumph 675r

ducati guy

Selling my beloved 2012 triumph 675r

I bought this bike brand new last fall and since then ordered & installed lots of parts from ridersdiscount.

Mods are as follows

Fmf full ss apex exhaust system

Attack rear sets ( set up for gp shift )

Michelin power race tires 120/190

Renthal sprocket kit ( down one in the front, stock size in rear )

DID 520 chain

Renthal adjustable clip ons

BMC race air filter

Apex man brake lever guard

Puig double bubble windscreen

Triumph kit oil cap oil dipstick steering stem nut & shift link

Intagrated rear turn signals

Flush mount signals for the front

The bike has a base map on it from tune ecu, I have the cable & disc in order to fully tune the bike

The bike has a little over 2000 miles on it. It starts & runs very strong everyday & its a blast to ride on & off the track. The bike will come with an extra rear 190 tire & a triumph 1050 throttle tube.

The bike is in great shape, never been down or tipped over I have all service records & receipts for all parts bought for the bike

Im not looking to make any money off of selling this bike, I would just like to sell it as is, im asking $10900

All questions are welcome, no test rides please unless deposit is put down. you can contact me here or via my email @ kawasakiguy14@gmail.com

The only bad thing, as seen in picture of cluster. While in florida for our track day at Jennings gp the bike sat in the sun & the windscreen acted like a magnifying glass & it melted a tiny hole ontop of the cluster by the shift lights. I put a piece of tape over the hole to protect the cluster from the elements. I contacted the dealer & this was not a warrantable matter so I left it alone bc I did not want to spend over $1000 just for a new cluster. Everything still works & functions without a problem. The bike sits on a battery tender when not in use & usually on stands.

post-8905-0-74739500-1375026218_thumb.jp

post-8905-0-59098000-1375026335_thumb.jp

post-8905-0-56635000-1375026361_thumb.jp

post-8905-0-39757700-1375026376_thumb.jp

post-8905-0-28587700-1375026395_thumb.jp

post-8905-0-00235700-1375026420_thumb.jp

• Upvote 1

Take it to another dealer.  That windscreen issue is able to be warrantied.  Push harder and they will.  We've seen that on other bikes and it gets handled...

Probably not when you have an aftermarket windscreen on it that caused the damage. Unless you want to try and scam them and put a stock windscreen back on.

Still shouldn't happen.  

They put a huge warning sticker on the aftermarket windscreens warning that this could happen if left in direct sunlight for a long time. Not Triumph's fault, why should they pick up the tab?

They put a huge warning sticker on the aftermarket windscreens warning that this could happen if left in direct sunlight for a long time. Not Triumph's fault, why should they pick up the tab?

Well, they should cover the windscreen or redesign it to avoid that.  We had a similar issue with the Multis and we covered it under warranty and then updated the design and it hasn't happened again.  

Whatever...  I don't really give two shits.  All I am saying is that it shouldn't happen.  The design and placement of the dash should avoid this issue.  Some people have these bikes outside all the time and travel a ton in areas where the sun is hard core like Arizona, etc.  If a common problem, it needs fixed.  If a spotty issue, cover under warranty.  Easy.

In adding an aftermarket windscreen, I understand that the idea is that it has been changed and thus, cannot be covered.  But, if a strong relationship is developed with a dealership, they can get it handled under good will.  Happens all the time and companies take care of things that are not always covered.  Hence the importance of relationships...

Again, do whatever.  But a 2012 with that few of miles shouldn't have a melted dash.

• Upvote 1

I agree with both of you but have already chose to live with it as it does not cause any problems and its not a huge problem. ya it sucks bc it happened when i had maybe 500 miles on the bike but oh well

Also im not willing to part out the bike, too much work involved in doing so. Just looking to unload this off of my hands, if it doesnt sell ill just keep it

• 1 month later...