Xr100 Drift/slide (not Intentional)

redkow97

JB and I went out to PIRC to practice on the kart track.  Stuff like this is why we run the cameras.  We weren't even going that fast, but the rear slides pretty good on JB :p

http://youtu.be/_pAP0x-Cx0E

More videos of actual lapping to follow.

PS - if anyone else wants to schedule a PIRC kart track date, it is stupid cheap, and we just had to share the track with karts every so often (share time - they weren't out at the same time as we were).

What's the bike prep consist of and rider gear requirements? I'd there a link to this info?

www.ohiominigp.com

But the quick and dirty is:

- swap the stock 19" front wheel for an XR80 front wheel (direct swap)

- mount up $70 scooter tires or $180 BT-45's (running 100 fronts on both the front and rear rim)

- safety wire basic stuff - axles, oil drain, and the header bolts are encouraged

That's what's required.

I also have "bark buster" lever guards, and I slid the forks up to decrease the rake.  I run a folding shift lever, but my stock one was bent to hell when I bought the bike.

A guy named Will has a nice CRF100 that is fully prepped for sale.  Asking $1,000 I think.  That is several hundred less than it would cost to build one as nice as his.  My bike has about $300 in parts on top of the $450 I paid for it, but mine is a rather beat-up example.  I have still won (novice) races on it.

As far as gear, you can run textile suits, but it's your ass.  I have crashed more times in one day than I did in 5 years on the big bike!  With the PIRC gearing, we topped out at 48mph.  With CRP gearing, the speeds are slightly slower.  Haven't run GPS to check, but I can next round.

Nice! We all need to get together and hit CRP.

I have only missed one OMRL round this year, and I have no intention of missing any more.  If you run all of practice, you get a ton of track time for the money.

www.ohiominigp.com

But the quick and dirty is:

- swap the stock 19" front wheel for an XR80 front wheel (direct swap)

- mount up $70 scooter tires or $180 BT-45's (running 100 fronts on both the front and rear rim)

- safety wire basic stuff - axles, oil drain, and the header bolts are encouraged

That's what's required.

I also have "bark buster" lever guards, and I slid the forks up to decrease the rake. I run a folding shift lever, but my stock one was bent to hell when I bought the bike.

A guy named Will has a nice CRF100 that is fully prepped for sale. Asking $1,000 I think. That is several hundred less than it would cost to build one as nice as his. My bike has about $300 in parts on top of the $450 I paid for it, but mine is a rather beat-up example. I have still won (novice) races on it.

As far as gear, you can run textile suits, but it's your ass. I have crashed more times in one day than I did in 5 years on the big bike! With the PIRC gearing, we topped out at 48mph. With CRP gearing, the speeds are slightly slower. Haven't run GPS to check, but I can next round.

Oh I have a 450x that's been converted just wanted to run around track on. They have days for that? Not really thinking about any racing I'm way to fat and slow for that. Just looking for a trackday kinda of thing.

there is a super moto class. 

Generally they try to keep the 450's off the track when the smaller/slower bikes are out there, but it would still only be like $35 to run practice and then 2 heat races (one class). 

If they grid you at the back, you can think of it as 9 practice laps.

I'd be up for more of a "track day" setting too - it's just really easy (and fun) to have OMRL organize it.

Your first race is always free!!! Race coming up next weekend at CRP!! Show up!! I won't be there.. But bring a transponder if u have one. Or u can rent one.

Chris... I wish I could of made the pirc track day... My monster motor is blown and I'm sure out for the rest of the season. :(

Get me info on the XR that is $1k, please..

Doesn't look like Will has it listed on the OMRL site.  He just stuck a sign on it at PIRC last round, and raced his 450.  I am 99% sure it said $1,000 on it, but I resisted looking, because his bike is nicer than mine, and I didn't need to tempt myself!

If Will is racing on the 11th, I'll be sure to get more details and grab his contact info.

Practicing this Saturday at CRP. Hutch get down there and I can show you around a few laps on my super moto. Few others coming too. Bring the midget too.

Chris I would love to but I'm still recovering from back surgery.

what does practice at CRP cost anyway? 

PIRC is $30, and about 45 minutes closer for me, but the tolls are killer with a trailer.   We take JB's truck to PIRC for that reason...  I was considering a hitch-mounted hauler to eliminate the trailer tolls, but 1) i'm not too keen on adding 150 lbs. of bike onto the bumper of my wife's Hyundai Tucson, and 2) the quality hitch-mounted carriers start at $130 (harbor freight model can be had for under $100 with coupon), and even with pound-me-in-the-ass Pennsylvania tolls, the added expense of the trailer takes quite a few trips to hit $100+....