Yamaha FZ1/6 owners/opinionators...

Benyen Soljax

Motorcyclist seems to love the new FZ1. The older models had some vibration issues. You considering one?

well i think the big thing for me is the riding position. i havent really looked into new bikes at all, but i think i like how my 250 sits lower than the handlebars and i know for sure that i dont like riding back like a cruiser. i dont know if i like riding a sportbike yet or not, but im interested in peoples experiences/opinions on the other bikes that have a similar ride to my 250, only a little more power.

I like to ride somewhat upright and tilted forward just a little and I love the riding position of the Fizzer. However, it is a little more than a "little more power" than a 250. That thing is a 140 horse monster. I was considering one before I bought the Vmax. I just got a really good deal on the Max or I'd probably have one. I love nekkid bikes. Go to a bike shop and sit on some different bikes. Try the sport tourers. They have the riding position that you are describing.

I bought my 2008 FZ1 a few months ago and have just under 1000 miles on it now and I'll tell you what I think so far. I like the more upright seating position for distance riding (which I do a lot of) and... that's about it. The power is OK once you hit about 6k rpm, nothing below that. It handles OK, but not great and the suspension is extremely stiff. My last two sportbikes, which I logged about 15k miles on, were a 2005 CBR600RR and a 2006 CBR1000RR, so I think I'm a bit spoiled by Honda quality and overall fit and finish. The FZ also tends to have a really annoying buzz in the handlebars at 5-7k rpm also. The stock seat sucks, the footpegs have a rediculous amount of rubber padding on the top, the handlebars are just weird, the levers are not adjustable and you need a huge hand to reach them, and it gets shitty gas milage. But other than those few things, I like it.... oh wait a minute, no I really don't. It's not a bad bike, just a few too many "quirks" that I don't care for. I've owned 23 different sportbikes in the last 10 years and unfortunately, this is my least favorite. I just put a Sargeant seat on it, which is awesome, a Puig windscreen, which creates way too much wind noise, and a 2 bros carbon fiber exhaust, which is obnoxiously loud and made the handlebar buzz worse. I'm not giving up on her yet though, even if that new 1kRR does look bad ass in person. ;) Hope that helps

I bought my 2008 FZ1 a few months ago and have just under 1000 miles on it now and I'll tell you what I think so far. I like the more upright seating position for distance riding (which I do a lot of) and... that's about it. The power is OK once you hit about 6k rpm, nothing below that. It handles OK, but not great and the suspension is extremely stiff. My last two sportbikes, which I logged about 15k miles on, were a 2005 CBR600RR and a 2006 CBR1000RR, so I think I'm a bit spoiled by Honda quality and overall fit and finish. The FZ also tends to have a really annoying buzz in the handlebars at 5-7k rpm also. The stock seat sucks, the footpegs have a rediculous amount of rubber padding on the top, the handlebars are just weird, the levers are not adjustable and you need a huge hand to reach them, and it gets shitty gas milage. But other than those few things, I like it.... oh wait a minute, no I really don't. It's not a bad bike, just a few too many "quirks" that I don't care for. I've owned 23 different sportbikes in the last 10 years and unfortunately, this is my least favorite. I just put a Sargeant seat on it, which is awesome, a Puig windscreen, which creates way too much wind noise, and a 2 bros carbon fiber exhaust, which is obnoxiously loud and made the handlebar buzz worse. I'm not giving up on her yet though, even if that new 1kRR does look bad ass in person. ;) Hope that helps

Honda FTW again :cool: