Bad Feeling....anden Is A Sucker!

slingingchic

As you all know I bought my husband a new bike and we're selling the Speed Triple.  Here this guy was going to come today (Craiglist ad), texts my husband saying his buddies car broke down.  So we wait to see if the guy gets another ride or car fixed.  I am guessing Anden told him we have others interested.  I hear his phone pinging with text after that.  Now he's talked Anden into delivering this to him ( I don't know who 'he' is)  in KY on Tuesday night.

Call me crazy but I know if I want something I go after it, if I can't, I make it happen.  Plus like anything else you purchase, first one with the cash gets it, being there are others interested in it.  I am going on a gut feeling here, because you hear about this shit going down stupid and don't want it to be us.  Since Anden is at a movie I can't ask him about the guy but I checked Verizon log and see his number, so thanks to Google...here he's selling a bike he just listed  

http://lexington.craigslist.org/mcy/3972198078.html

Seems strange to me

Any input?  We should we deliver?  I personally don't trust it....

• Upvote 1

Any time I have to deliver something its a no go for me to take it to them. If they wanted it bad enough they'd come get it. I'd tell him to piss off

We think alike!  Something just don't seem right, plus that's over a hour away where he wants to meet, I got shit to do and kids to run around.

Maybe he's selling that Honda on buying a new home pitch hoping someone is willing to buy asap... Not sure

Firstly, I'd have worded your post a smidge differently.....kinda throwing your hubby under the bus a bit there. ;)

Secondly, I fuckin hate CL. Only ever listed 1 bike and had 3 lowballers, 2 no shows, and the guy that actually bought it showed up in a Lincoln coupe so I figured he was just a tire kicker. But he had the cash and called into AAA who sent a rollback tow for the bike :rolleyes:

Thirdly, I say hold out for a buyer that will actually make the effort to come buy the bike. Hell, the interested buyer could easily rent a damn truck or van for less than $100, or beg a buddy to lend him a truck. The CL post of his Shadow sounds a bit odd since he plans tbuy Lee's bike instead of throw money at a house.....unless he has the cash now and needs to actually sell the Shadow towards a home :dunno:

Either way, if Lee goes for this make sure he totes along at least 1 buddy who's packin heat, ya just never know

• Upvote 1

I guess I'm the only one that doesn't think it's that odd at all. I've sold 2 bikes that I've delivered granted both were during winter. But I also had my money in hand before delivering it

I guess I'm the only one that doesn't think it's that odd at all. I've sold 2 bikes that I've delivered granted both were during winter. But I also had my money in hand before delivering it

The name he's told Anden isn't the name the phone is registered to, not even the same last name.   We don't have money in hand and he's only offered an additional $100 for delivery, our asking price was 2,000 and now we've gone down and we're losing money if Anden thinks we must deliver this

yup, tell kentucky dude to piss off in your finest British accent.

edit: or... agree, and then when late (never) call and say your car/truck broke down... muhahahaha

Edited by ReconRat
  • Upvote 2

Meeting buyer 1/2 way is ok by me. It is an excuse to ride a motorcycle with out all the grief. Mrs Paranoid Nosey Ass is looking for an excuse for anything to happen. Lexington is the big city close to Paris. I do same thing with the hick ass town I live in. I give Dayton or Troy. He also mentioned being off 68 Paris and Lexington are on 68. The plot thickens.

As for his CL add that is what he described as selling. Custom flame, lowered, and seats. Didn't give reason other than he isn't a fan of the bike. Conspiracies abound.

Phone not matching dunno could be his bosses phone, Father in laws or, hell could be his, Its a cell phone didn't know they could be looked up. Oh no his phone shows up Paris, Ky. Mine shows up Piqua, Oh. OMG Its the end of the world. 

My bikes insured I get money If its stolen, if he wants to rob me whats he going to get $20 and some plastic I will cancel. Pay in counterfiet bills I still get paid by my insurance. 

All that being said who wants to go with me. I'll let you ride the Sprint and we can nut to butt it all the way back. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I wouldn't deliver it.  You're gonna get all the way down there, and then he is going to give you a bunch of sob stories about his trucking being broke don, his bike hasn't sold, he has to make his house payment, and all he has is $1500 in cash.

And then, who the heck buys a bike without seeing it in person?

My bikes insured I get money If its stolen, if he wants to rob me whats he going to get $20 and some plastic I will cancel. Pay in counterfiet bills I still get paid by my insurance.

All that being said who wants to go with me. I'll let you ride the Sprint and we can nut to butt it all the way back.

I wouldn't deliver it. You're gonna get all the way down there, and then he is going to give you a bunch of sob stories about his trucking being broke don, his bike hasn't sold, he has to make his house payment, and all he has is $1500 in cash.

And then, who the heck buys a bike without seeing it in person?

Exactly! The price was lowered to 1500...I believe. I really don't know.

Maybe he just wants nuts to butt action for the long haul

and.... insurance doesn't cover fucktards who accepted fake bills....once you hand over the title it's done deal

Edited by slingingchic

Thank you...why would someone give up a nice Honda and buy an older bike with probably more miles

that sort of thing we'll never know. why someone does this or that etc

heres how a delivery works. Everyone agrees to a price, then you fax him a contract to purchase, then they sign it (contract is basically a  "IF this is that, then this happens" etc) then he sends a deposit to you. then you drag your butt down.

without that... is when it gets interesting, to this point you have no money and have proven you're desperate to sell.

Now..the real negotiations start. How bad you want to drag this chunk of whatever back home? 

My humble advice is do not drag something down there. Think about it...if he doesn't have the stability, the where with all, the friends with dependable transportation for Gods sake (hey, ALL my friends do)  to come see it, does he have the ability to purchase it?