Traded for a V-Twin - steering is weird though

progrmr

I finally got to trade my EX500 for the '87 Intruder in Kentucky. It's a solid bike but the front tire is larger than the rear ( I think). I makes for some really funky turn steering. While making right hand turns I felt like the bike would just keep going. Off-ramps were particularly disturbing.

The tire feels like its fully inflated although I haven't checked the pressure yet. At slow speeds this bike doesn't want to turn - normal for a V-Twin? I had one years ago but it's been a long time.

i2.jpg

There is more actual steering and less leaning with a cruiser. I almost put my buddies softail into a curb trying to lean that pig thru a turn till I figured out that I had to turn the bars. Its an aquired taste. Did the tire wear look normal? How are the case gaskets? any leaks?

Tire wear looks fine, no leaks anywhere - everything looks great. It feels solid - rode it 130 miles up 71 back to Delaware and it was planted and loud :)

going to be weird trying to get this steering thing down - oh well, I'm really happy with it overall. The picture is either a bit old or its hiding some of the imperfections. Its a good lookin' bike but I'm going to have to put some elbow grease into it.

It was alot smoother than riding my 500 down there - I was getting tossed around by the wind and it wasn't even that windy! On the way back I was smooth sailin' :)

Tire wear looks fine, no leaks anywhere - everything looks great. It feels solid - rode it 130 miles up 71 back to Delaware and it was planted and loud :)

going to be weird trying to get this steering thing down - oh well, I'm really happy with it overall. The picture is either a bit old or its hiding some of the imperfections. Its a good lookin' bike but I'm going to have to put some elbow grease into it.

It was alot smoother than riding my 500 down there - I was getting tossed around by the wind and it wasn't even that windy! On the way back I was smooth sailin' :)

Cool man, congrats. Shine er up.:D

Man, I had an old Intruder 1400, before they switched over to 5 gears. I can't really agree with the way it handled but maybe you just need to get used to it. Plenty of torque there and easy on the eyes. Once I would lean into a turn, I would have to do very little else although I learned how to ride on cruisers. Now I can't even get into the cruiser mode anymore, unless I had a M109R that is. The one good thing about those Intruders is the price is always right. Nice power for under 5 grand used. If I ever get another cruiser, the Intruder might be the way to go, again. Nah, the M109 will be the one for me. For now I will continue to worship my '06 1000RR.