2009 Yamaha Fz1 - Granite/blk, <7.5k Mi, New Pirelli's, Lots Of Aftermarket Goodies!!!

Bubba

<<< SOLD >>>  Finally….to a rider from LSB forum.  Congrats!!!

The Story:
Bought the bike last spring from the second owner because I missed my liter bike power and grins--love my WeeStrom DL650 for almost everything, but it isn't an eyeball-peeling monster.  2009 FZ1 had about 4000 mi on the odo at the time of purchase still wearing the OEM tires, so it's obvious it wasn't hurt.  Original owner put all the accessories on according to the seller.  Has aftermarket under tail package with LED brake/tail/turn signals, mini-LED front turn signals, shorty levers (believe these are inexpensive knock-offs, not Pazzo), Yosh Carbon slip-on pipe, custom seat (likely done by Eddie on the FZ1OA forum), Yamaha chin spoiler, Yamaha Touring windscreen.  I changed the oil/filter and flushed/bled the F&R brake fluid around the time of purchase. Rode the bike for the summer and just never got comfortable with the handling and ergos.  Thought it might be the tires (duh!) so I put new Pirelli Angel GTs on prior to the Gap trip in Sept--maybe 2000 mi on 'em now.  Went with a 190/55 rear vs the stock 190/50 hoping to get better turn-in.  I think I've given the bike a pretty fair try-out since I bought it, but still not in love with the bike, so I'm thinking it's gone.

Mid-winter bump for price change!  Lowered to $4795

The Stuff:
Comes with the items listed above as well as the stock seat, stock windscreen, stock levers, stock turn signal stalks, 1" bar risers (never installed).  Current mileage is just short of 7500 mi.

The Bad:
The right side fairing has a crack around the turn signal molding approximately 1" on either side of the signal housing (see last pic).  I didn't even realize it was cracked until after I had bought the bike (late night/dark garage inspection :( ) and washed it for the first time.  PO didn't disclose the crack to me before purchase and when I called him on it, he said he didn't know how it happened.  I even tracked the original owner down from the title and called him and he said that the bike was perfect when he sold it to my seller, so somebody is lying.  Bottom line, it has a fairing crack and I have no idea how it happened.  Given that there is no other damage on the bike, I can only assume it was from a tip-over in a garage against an immoveable object...just so, you get full disclosure from me.

DSC01780.jpg
Edited by Bubba

Beautiful bike. You should try the Pilot Road 2's. mine handles great for a big bike.

I really like the Angel GTs.  Had the PR2s on my '07 FJR and never felt confident with the cornering.  Played with the air pressure and suspension settings and just found that it handled like a heavy bitch in the twisties, kind'a like mud wrestling with a fat women.  I have heard GREAT things about the new PR3s!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Bumping this back to the front page with a lower price!  Got my eye on some new wheels and have run out of garage space.

You won't find a cleaner FZ1 at a better price anywhere in the US.  Guaranteed.

New price:  **WOW!!!**   $4795  **WOW!!!**

Surprised this isn't sold Bob! Other than my Z1000, my FZ1 was the best bike I ever owned.

Joe:  You can call me Bill, or you can call me Bubba, but don't call me Bob unless I can call you Ralph. :)

And for Gawd's sake, don't call me late for supper!!!

Joe:  You can call me Bill, or you can call me Bubba, but don't call me Bob unless I can call you Ralph. :)

And for Gawd's sake, don't call me late for supper!!!

It was early and I didn't get much sleep last night :) How about Bobba? :lol:

I spent most of the day yesterday calling a lady Cindy when her name is Leslie. She looks like a Cindy and it's throwing me. At one point she just stopped correcting me.

I'll trade ya a Husky!

Edited by ScubaCinci

Was a time not that long ago that I'd have made that trade in a heart beat.  13 broken ribs and two busted collarbones plus one near death experience convinced me that I should sell all my dirt shit this past summer so I wouldn't be tempted to get back into it.  I used to be REAL FAST….course, that ain't necessarily the same as being REAL GOOD….

• 1 month later...

OK, gonna bump this up one last time before spring hits and I resort to dealing with the mouth-breathing, nose-picking retards that CraigsList seems to bring out.  Just how many broken X-Box systems and cheap RC cars do I need to trade for until I get my money out of them?  I hate sounding desperate, but I kind'a hate to see it just sit in the corner of the garage collecting dust.  'Course, if it doesn't sell, I guess I'll be FORCED to simply ride it again this summer.  Hey, there are worse fates to befall a man….

• Upvote 1

No lie about CL. A buddy of mine is trying to buy his fist bike (600-750cc cruiser) and can barely get sellers to stay in contact with him long enough to see the bikes in person. Too bad your bike would quickly kill the guy, or I'd connect you two.

Hey, if he's a newb, I can offer to pull a couple of plug wires for ya and he'll never know the difference.  After he has a year of riding under his belt, you can tip him off and return it to full HP. LOL

As for CL, I just spent the last couple/three weeks lurking in the Auto4sale section trying to find a reasonably safe and clean car for my grandson to use to get to/from his first job.  After a dozen or so 'encounters' with the under-belly of society, I was ready to blow my brains out.  The used car market has still not recovered from Obama's CashForClunkers program….

Then you could officially hang out with the FZ1OA guys at the gap rally :)

Bill, when the weather breaks, take her on over to QS&L on bike night and leave a for sale sign on her while you chow on some wings. That place gets a lot of traffic. I just moved to the other side of town so I'm not as close to it anymore.

• 1 month later...

Nooooooo! Just saw your edit in the original post and was hoping you still had this cause I've got some interest in my VFR. I'm still not really wanting to sell the VFR but if I can find a great deal on an fz1 I think id do it