Why Does A 3d Tv Not Show The Response Time?

Mr Anderson

Just wondering why I cant find out the response time for a new 3d tv. I have looked everywhere and can't find it. Some websites have a calibration tool that lists the input lag. Not sure if that is the same but from what I have seen the lowest is 90ms. Thats really high as far as gaming goes. Monitors show the response time. My lg 47 inch led tv has a 1ms response time. Is 90ms good for a 3d tv?

That's because they have dynamic contrast which adjusts based on the picture. Not sayng it's right or wrong but that's why.

Nice. Thanks Scuba did not know that. I was looking at some calibration tests to make the picture on my current tv better. It shows on every test to have dynamic contrast off. The sports pre-set seems to have a better picture than what this test shows. lol

Edited by Mr Anderson

I'll actually be looking for a fast response rate TV soon as well as when our house is done, I'll have a room dedicated to console gaming.

Nice, Im going to use my 47" led 2d tv for gaming as the input lag is less than 2ms and a response time of 1ms. The 3d tv will just be used for movies and watching motogp with friends. But for best gaming results it would be best to use a monitor. Faster response rate and less input lag plus with 120hz refresh rate. The price on those are around $500 or more. I might get one of those in the future. I will use it for my pc and xbox one and ps4. Battlefield 4 would be a great game to play on it.

look into real tv's.  like a panasonic etc.  as far as i'm concerned a LG is about as good as a insignia or some other chinese pos you never heard of.

I had to return the LG computer monitor I bought a few years ago because it had dead pixels.  in 2010 it still came with dead pixels.

thats low grade chinese shit right there.

Edited by serpentracer

look into real tv's.  like a panasonic etc.  as far as i'm concerned a LG is about as good as a insignia or some other chinese pos you never heard of.

I had to return the LG computer monitor I bought a few years ago because it had dead pixels.  in 2010 it still came with dead pixels.

LG is a trusted brand and they are Korean lol. My 2010 LG came with no dead pixels. Panasonics are not that geat and rate low thats the reason I dont go with them. Samsung, LG and Sony are the top brands for tv's.

Edited by Mr Anderson

I didn't like the passive 3d system... it's nice that the glasses are cheap, but I didn't like the picture quality as much as the active systems.

I find them to be pretty good and what they use in the theaters. Trying tilting your head when watching 3D with active shutter glasses.It goes dark really quick. The glasses are heavy and drag to wear for any length of time. That said, I get tired of watching 3D real quick regardless of the technology used.

LG is not bad. I met with them 2x's during CES and they seem to have their act together. BTW - they used to be called Gold Star and did make some cheap ass electronics back in the day. I have an LG LED 3D tv and it's been nothing but awesome for the year I've had it.

LG is a trusted brand and they are Korean lol. My 2010 LG came with no dead pixels. Panasonics are not that geat and rate low thats the reason I dont go with them. Samsung, LG and Sony are the top brands for tv's.

Panasonic TV's actually rate really well depending on the model line. I used to be a big Samsung fan but the last 3 tv's I've bought from them have all had issues within a few years. One the IR sensor went nuts and would randomly pull up menus. It took a week to find the part online and I was able to replace it but it was a pain. I had a Samsung DLP and the color wheel started screeching after about 6 months. I replaced it and after another 6 months I had the same issue. I finally pawned it off to my brother-in-law.

• Upvote 1

I have a Panasonic TC-P55ST50 and despite having cheap ass speakers that blew up when I hooked up my sound bar, it's a nice plasma active 3d tv.  

The 3d is impressive but I'll admit I have no idea what you geeks are talking about even though blu-ray and my games look awesome on the 55" screen.  It could use another HDMI port, though, and apparently it has an issue in 3d with crosstalk.  

I have 3 Samsung Tvs. A 50" a 37" and a 29"(?) they have all been great. I also have a Samsung Bluray and a Samsung DVD player. I love Samsung hard to beat their quality for the price. I will most likely only buy Samsung from now on.

Everytime I check, LG and one other major manufacturer produce all the big parts of every electronic device made.

When means they are all the same, except for things like quality control per contract. Which some pay more, some pay less.

Aways an exception, Sony mostly does it's own thing, and it costs more.

Yes, LG is a conglomerate: Lucky, Goldstar, and some people from Zenith.

I didn't notice much of a weight difference between passive glasses, and the current gen active glasses. Personally i'd go with a Samsung, good quality for the price. I have a 60 and 2 32s