Rrbarna - Fender Eliminator 'tail Tidy' - Royal Pita

hotleadsingerguy

I was hoping to save a bit of money in buying a fender eliminator because I just spent money on a brand new bike (after buying two brand new cars in the past year and change)...so I went to eBay. I bought an LED-included Fender Eliminator kit from 'rrbarna' on eBay. It looked good in the pictures and it works with the stock rear turn-signals on the 2013 model, so I figured why not. I think it was around $58 after shipping.

I got the kit today -- it's two pieces and a small bag of nuts and bolts...with no instructions what so ever. The LED module on the one piece has a very thin bi-wire line off of it with around 4ft of slack.

First of all, it took me quite awhile to figure out that you have to take off pretty much all of the plastics on one side of the bike to reach the piece I needed...and also the seat if you don't want to spend quite a bit of time trying to get the pieces off without breaking them. This is very different from my last bike (06 R6) where I just opened the rear seat, took off the old tail stalk, screwed on the new one, and plugged in the basic connections. ANYWAY.

I get everything apart and I start putting the pieces together before realizing that they give you *nothing* to put the stock rear turn signals onto the bracket they've supplied. The holes on the sides of the bracket fit *NOTHING* that comes with it, and pretty much nothing that exists on the bike. I had to use a bit of ingenuity and spare nuts+bolts to secure the turn signals into the ridiculous module they supply. I'm currently looking at just integrating the turn signals into the tail light instead of getting other LEDs.

Beyond that, they supply no kind of 'plate' to cover up the extra holes on the underside of the tail -- the bracket they give you only uses two nuts, whereas the stock bracket used four and covered the line-in hole. For now I just threw a piece of electrical tape over the little section (nobody can see it anyway, but I don't want crap getting up into the tail).

Is it worth it? Yes, probably. I saved at least $30 getting this bracket...but I probably spent an extra hour working on it than I would have it I'd ordered a different kit -- so it's kind of a wash in terms of how worthwhile my time is.

Still, it seems like a good bracket and it definitely looks good on the bike -- there's virtually nothing to it. I won't include the before pics because this is a ZX6R...you know what it looks like.

iiRJ202pm3HuW.jpg

iRwmA12gV4ou2.jpg

iZAPVFEbJfVEy.jpg