Teens Beat Wwii Vet To Death In Spokane.

smashweights

Eh.... maybe. I don't believe we're all equal. I'm sorry, but a murdered gang-banger is not equivalent to a murdered war hero. Society dictates our ranking. That's why police officers and military personnel get fancier funerals than you or I. Their sacrifice is held in a higher regard. Not saying it's always the best way to look at it, but it's how we do it.

Edit: ...and firefighters. Sorry, guys. :)

But that doesn't negate the fact that that fact about his life had absolutely no relevance to the story of his death. Had he been targeted BECAUSE he was some sort of veteran, then that fact would become relevant. His military service had no relevance to the story, it was tossed it to spark outrage and get the story national.

I just disagree. What was going through that mans mind as he was being beaten by two juveniles with flashlights at the end of his life? "I made it to Okinawa and back, fighting for not only a free-America, but a free world, to die like this?" The fact that he's a WWII vet is pertinent, and important. He deserved respect and he was beaten like a dog.

If him being a veteran doesn't matter, then news outlets should in turn stop reporting when soldiers die on the battlefield. Just another dead human....right? People die every day.

Edited by Blitz
  • Upvote 1

But that doesn't negate the fact that that fact about his life had absolutely no relevance to the story of his death. Had he been targeted BECAUSE he was some sort of veteran, then that fact would become relevant. His military service had no relevance to the story, it was tossed it to spark outrage and get the story national.

False.  It's relevant because it shows he deserved better.  You can point out ANY FACT involved and claim it's irrelevance: Why point out that he was 88-years old?  Does it matter what his age was if he's just as dead?  Why point out he was a man?  Does it imply that his being male had something to do with the case?  Why even point out he was beaten to death?  He's just as dead if he had a heart attack in the car as if he was beaten.

MNN - Magz News Network reports this story as: Person deceased, 2 others connected.  Justice system in motion, please await verdict.

Why am I still playing this game with you?  I just now realized I fell for the Magz trap: I know you're just trolling for shits and giggles and still responded.  I feel like less of a man now.

Edited by smashweights
  • Upvote 4

I agree the news publicized what he WAS to draw more attention. There's nothing left to discuss in my mind till they find the correct jerks, then I'd wonder how to hide their bodies.

Edited by Gump

Havent heard any comments from Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton on this one! WTF!!   Looks like a bad pattern starting, the Australian college student, The womans baby that got shot in face! Cant wait till these pieces of shit run across a trained heat packer!

This incident is....well I just can't come up with a word to describe how despicable it is.  WTF has this world come to.  In today's jaded times you can see the Jackson's or Sharpton's of the world cackling about racial bs but when you hear people here even somewhat giving these killers any kind of backing or consideration, well that's beyond my comprehension.  Our judicial system is not perfect, but imho it's intent is to provide justice to all, and those pos's and all like them fall far below the level of deserving any type of justice other than the same justice they gave this old fella.

Did you spend all night last night googling for a similar story that we didn't read? Don't be an idiot, obviously everyone doesn't read every newspaper website in the world.

No I spent last night hanging out with my nieces... then this morning I did a quick search to demonstrate my point... and this shit happened in ohio, the victim could very well have been an ohio motorcyclist...

For that matter, maybe a little bit of pain and suffering back in the judical system might help society. 12 hours of hard labor a day vs a A/C'ed room with cable sounds like a winner to me.

Take away lethal injection and bring back old sparky, the gas chamber, hanging and the firing squads.

• Upvote 1

MNN - Magz News Network reports this story as: Person deceased, 2 others connected. Justice system in motion, please await verdict.

This is awesome.

Yes it's bull shit this happens. I feel bad for this man and hope the perps get the death penalty. Eye for an eye.

• Upvote 2