Bad Sportbike Wreck At 270 And 315

Blitz

Hope all Ohio Riders are ok. I heard the bikes was just a frame and an engine. Not much to see to describe as far as the bike goes. Wich doesn't bode we'll for the rider.

Hope you guys are ok.

I heard from someone that saw it firsthand, who has actually decided to sell his bike due to what he saw.

Said the rider was riding on the shoulder and weaving in and out of cars, when he lost it. He said he literally wrapped it around a guardrail. Nothing left of the bike. The guy who rides that saw it firsthand said it was so bad immediately, that they didn't want to stop because they knew he was done. And his girlfriend with him was just shaking.

Sad stuff, but it sounds like it could have been avoided. Rider error and lack of respect for the machine you're on and traffic around you. Prayers for the family and friends.

I always like to hear what causes these accidents.  If it is rider error or recklessness then I find it much easier to write off as "won't happen to me" as I don't weave in and out of the shoulder / ride drunk / do 120 in a 35 zone etc.  That's not arrogance or schadenfreude - that's me continually weighing the risks of riding and recognizing that if I was in a serious accident that it would affect my family too.  The day WILL come when I sell the bike and stick to 4 wheels.  Hopefully that decision is prompted by me reaching a ripe old age and buying a caddy with a landau roof instead. 

When I hear the rider did nothing wrong and was taken out by nothing by fate itself then that is when I worry because I know there's nothing I can do to avoid that.

Either way, RIP rider.   Thoughts for his family.  Y'all stay safe out there.

• Upvote 2

I'll admit, I am act similarly when I hear about these accidents.  I regret that someone was hurt or killed, but I do want to learn more about the accident to help evaluate my own safety behavior and risk assessment.

RIP rider.

I always like to hear what causes these accidents.  If it is rider error or recklessness then I find it much easier to write off as "won't happen to me" as I don't weave in and out of the shoulder / ride drunk / do 120 in a 35 zone etc.  That's not arrogance or schadenfreude - that's me continually weighing the risks of riding and recognizing that if I was in a serious accident that it would affect my family too.  The day WILL come when I sell the bike and stick to 4 wheels.  Hopefully that decision is prompted by me reaching a ripe old age and buying a caddy with a landau roof instead. 

When I hear the rider did nothing wrong and was taken out by nothing by fate itself then that is when I worry because I know there's nothing I can do to avoid that.

Either way, RIP rider.   Thoughts for his family.  Y'all stay safe out there.

Well said