Founding Fathers Were Extremists.

Casper

The extremist definition listed above does not in any way describe the colonists and founding fathers who were not supremists in their values and agenda to free themselves from an oppressive regime in England nor was anyone deprived of their civil rights because the outcome was completely the opposite. 

For someone to completely misconstrue the intent of the American Revolution completely reveals their utter ignorance and stupity. 

Edited by baptizo
  • Upvote 1

The extremist definition listed above does not in any way describe the colonists and founding fathers who were not supremists in their values and agenda to free themselves from an oppressive regime in England nor was anyone deprived of their civil rights because the outcome was completely the opposite. 

For someone to completely misconstrue the intent of the American Revolution completely reveals their utter ignorance and stupity. 

Do I need to hold your hand...?

"supremacy" "deprived of civil liberties" are not applicable, you don't have to fit every possible definition in order to be classified as such...

2. Ideology
A set of political beliefs about the nature of people and society; an organized collection of ideas about the best and most appropriate way to live.

3. Extremism
A term used to describe the actions or ideologies of individuals or groups who take a political idea to its limits, regardless of unfortunate repercussions, and show intolerance toward all views other than their own.

4. Extremist
A person who advocates the use of force or violence; advocates supremacist causes based on race, ethnicity, religion, gender, or national origin; or otherwise engages to illegally deprive individuals or groups of their civil rights.

you gotta read the OR...

Yes, Nowhere in here does it say "this is good, or this is bad" it only identifies how strongly your ideology is held, and whether you're willing to use force or violence to advocate it.

(this i what I've been saying this whole thread)

3. Extremism
– A term used to describe the actions or ideologies of individuals or groups who take a political idea to its limits, regardless of unfortunate repercussions, and show intolerance toward all views other than their own.

4. Extremist
–A person who advocates the use of force or violence; advocates supremacist causes based on race, ethnicity, religion, gender, or national origin; or otherwise engages to illegally deprive individuals or groups of their civil rights.

This isn't newsworthy...

if a poll was taken of the american public, do you suppose an "extremist" would be considered bad or good?

if a poll was taken of the american public, do you suppose an "extremist" would be considered bad or good?

So now you're arguing how the word makes people feel? I thought we were just erpderping over the definition...

Yes, I imagine the word conjures up all kinds of negative connotation in the general populace's mind... does that change what the word means, or how it was used in this educational context?

No, but the negative connotation of the word is what Faux nuz latched onto to try to make an outrage story over a military training document, and a textbook definition of a word.

Edited by magley64

Wait, be careful what you wish for.....this is the same "informed and educated" public who says it's okay to abort a baby in the fourth trimester....just sayin'.

• Upvote 1

So now you're arguing how the word makes people feel? I thought we were just erpderping over the definition...

Yes, I imagine the word conjures up all kinds of negative connotation in the general populace's mind... does that change what the word means, or how it was used in this educational context?

No, but the negative connotation of the word is what Faux nuz latched onto to try to make an outrage story over a military training document, and a textbook definition of a word.

.....wat

i was NEVER arguing about the definition of the word.

so your position is that, regardless of any connotation of any kind of a word, it should only matter what the literal or original definition of a word is when it is paired with something?

.....wat

i was NEVER arguing about the definition of the word.

so your position is that, regardless of any connotation of any kind of a word, it should only matter what the literal or original definition of a word is when it is paired with something?

When used in an educational context, it should be properly defined...

Again I see no flaws in their definition...

The term was properly used...

Wait, be careful what you wish for.....this is the same "informed and educated" public who says it's okay to abort a baby in the fourth trimester....just sayin'.

And the same populace who said the poor response to Hurricane Katrina was because of President Obama. A higher percentage than the % who said it was President Bush's fault.

And the same populace who said the poor response to Hurricane Katrina was because of President Obama. A higher percentage than the % who said it was President Bush's fault.

Okay, I have to see this stat. Where was it published? I know a vast majority of our populace is dumber than a doorknob, but come on. This one can't be true.

Okay, I have to see this stat. Where was it published? I know a vast majority of our populace is dumber than a doorknob, but come on. This one can't be true.

I had to look for myself also......(See Q2)

http://www.scribd.com/doc/161910086/PPP-Louisiana-poll-August-2013

******At the bottom of the page its was a survey of 274 Republican primary voter's.******

Edited by 20thGix

I had to look for myself also......(See Q2)

http://www.scribd.com/doc/161910086/PPP-Louisiana-poll-August-2013

******At the bottom of the page its was a survey of 274 Republican primary voter's.******

274 republican primary voters in Louisiana... Fantastic sampling...

• Upvote 1

When used in an educational context, it should be properly defined...

Again I see no flaws in their definition...

The term was properly used...

again, to you, it doesn't matter what obvious connotation a word has?

• Upvote 1

I'm sorry but must agree with Mags on this. Just because we adopted thier views doesn't make them any less of an extremist.

1 Sail the treacherous ocean in fear of the Kraken for religious freedom is extreme.

2 Resorting to terrorist activities (Boston Tea Party) a bit extreme.

3 Taking land from natives by bauble or by force is way extreme. Also bringing our beliefs as a better way. Manifest Destiny.

I am thankfull they did all these things. Gave us the greatest country on the planet. But yes they should be considered extremists. They were our feeedom fighters.

• Upvote 1

I'm sorry but must agree with Mags on this. Just because we adopted thier views doesn't make them any less of an extremist.

1 Sail the treacherous ocean in fear of the Kraken for religious freedom is extreme.

2 Resorting to terrorist activities (Boston Tea Party) a bit extreme.

3 Taking land from natives by bauble or by force is way extreme. Also bringing our beliefs as a better way. Manifest Destiny.

I am thankfull they did all these things. Gave us the greatest country on the planet. But yes they should be considered extremists. They were our feeedom fighters.

even the kraken part? i mean, i kind of fear the kraken, but i REALLY enjoy calamari and stunting.

also, and i promise i'm not ignoring the rest of your post: if we, as a nation and society, have adopted their views, why would those views be considered outside the societal norm?

and regarding the rest of your post: yes, they would and should be considered extremist... BY THE BRITISH, in the 18th and 19th century. we are fortunately, not the british. emma watson is hawt, and cal crutchlow is a great rider, but we are americans and the DOD is an American organization.  if america became more british-y, then yes, the values of our founding fathers would be again, considered extremist.... are we that far gone?

In this case, I don't think I'm the one with the problem.

if i have a problem with the core concepts of our nation's values being construed as extremist, then yuuuup, i got a problem

acknowledging that widely accepted connotation(s) attached to a word means nothing to you is the first step in working your way back from the land of

mag-DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR

dun dun dun duh duh duh dunnnnnn

MAGDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR

duh duh dun dun duh duh dun dun

magdor was a man

I mean, he was a magtard man

Or maybe he was just a tard

Buthewasstill magdoooooor!

maggdooooooooooooor!

magdooooooooo00ooor!

Burninating the constitution,

Burninating the peasants