Motoseries Round 7 At Beave Run Pirc And Saturday Track Day

jbot

40 minutes of awesome...

Actually about 30 minutes of awesome, then 10 minutes of me lapping all alone.  10 minutes in I catch hollywood, and we have a battle till the 20 is over; all the while Dan lurks in the distance.  He picked it up after he realized I was running the 40.  Wish he wouldn't have ran off in the carousel....it would have been a good race to the end and I could have used a little pressure to get me back on my marks.  Had a couple good slides in 4 and a near run off in the carousel because I was getting lazy.  Spotting a ton of areas I can pick up time in the video, but I'll take a 4 second improvement any weekend.

I think it was somewhere around 27 minutes in....I turn in and it looks like he doesn't brake at all unless it is last second; he did a damn good job saving it.  I wonder if he got a speed wobble on the back straight or coming through the kink that pushed the pads back.  When I was running my rains I kept getting pretty bad headshake coming out of the left kink and I'd have to double pump the brakes before the carousel to get the pressure built up.

Hell yeah, good stuff, Ryan!  You were movin out there and that was probably the most fun I had all day!

Craig, you are a dick for just shoving it up the inside and parking it right next to me in 10 so I couldn't turn in.  Then you proceeded to push me wide just to add insult to injury. .  :asshat:

Matt, that was easily the most fun I've had racing so far. Our going back and forth, lapped traffic and the thought of Dan behind me(oh yeah!) Really made it exciting and put a lot of pressure. I need to try some sprints again now that I've picked up some pace, maybe I can keep people in sight and make a race of it instead of just worrying when I'll be lapped.

Jeff, yeah just a bit too much too early. That could have been pretty nasty if it caught traction or if I was on a wide line!

Thought I'd share a few photos....

Hey Marty!  

PBM_0154.jpg

Maybe I need a little more preload or compression dampening....braking into T1, there are 4 photos in a sequence as I apply brake, the last 3 show my forks completely buried.PBM_0289.jpg

Were turnin left!  Love lefts, but I've only ever touched left knee once, and that was in T4 at Nelson.

PBM_0304.jpg

PBM_0227.jpg

Getting a lot more consistent PBM_0087.jpg

What a difference a year makes, but there is still tons of room for improvement!  Looking forward to more time at the track and meeting more people who enjoy this great hobby/sport.

PBM_0459.jpg