Where Is Everyone Buying Parts From? Oem/aftermarket

Honda East Justin

Posted an intro on here a while back but just kinda cruise the forum here and there, looking for some decent reads. I was just scanning the "Shop Reviews" section and made me curious on a few things after seeing a handful of shop names that I recognize:

Where are members buying their parts from?

Would you rather buy local or don't care?

How's the customer service from said place?

Cheap Cycle Parts

Would buy local if it was close and well-priced.   Nothing fits that criteria at the moment.  Clinton Co is my go-to place for a quick must-have or just to browse. 

CCP had some CS issues awhile back, said they were changing systems.   I think it was growing pains as well.  Good service, quick delivery, great prices.  No complaints.  

Cheap Cycle Parts  or shipped direct from Honda warehouses.

There are better places for Suzuki parts, but I don't own one.

NewEnough which is now motorcyclegear.com, for discounted discontinued gear and clothing.

Indy Super Bikes for sprockets and chains and power commander etc...

edit: yeah, a lot of money gets spent at Iron Pony...

I've gone in Honda shops for parts, but what I want is never in stock (919). And sometimes it's a rather simple part.

Then I realize I can get it faster and often cheaper if I mail order it, even if it's from the Honda warehouse.

Edited by ReconRat

The interwebs.

Fleabay and the like

Bike is 30 years old so not much choice on the where.

Local shops just don't have things in stock for such an old bike.

The wait isn't bad, so far no problems.

I am in the same boat, I have a 31 year old bike.

A local shop I deal with can get most parts like oil filters, and bulbs. and brake pads. I suspect they probably get parts from Suzuki or maybe Parts Unlimited. 

I just went to Middletown cycle today. Dealers generally have very limited inventory, but in my case, getting a tank protector, I knew they'd have it. Bought my jacket from motorcyclegear but regretted not buying from revzilla, as they're shipping is so much faster and they don't require a signature.

Parts parts, I try ridersdiscount, but nate seems to be forgetting about me lately. The triumph forum Rd representative is pretty quick about getting back to me though.

another ron ayers buyer here.   has good oem prices.  horrible website though.

mrcycles also good oem prices.

motomummy has a good deal on bridgestone s20's right now. $220 shipped. 

a lot of ohio people go to iron pony.  IDK I never see much of a deal there.  I used to buy repsol sintetico for $6 a quart they want $15.99

Edited by serpentracer

Interesting Honda East is on asking such a question. With the banner ad essentially below in his sig, it's basically a slick way to promote the shop. Seeing that Riders and IP as well as others are paying to advertise, seems shady.

The guys mentioned on this forum on a regular basis support the website as well as the sport.

• Upvote 1

Interesting Honda East is on asking such a question. With the banner ad essentially below in his sig, it's basically a slick way to promote the shop. Seeing that Riders and IP as well as others are paying to advertise, seems shady.

The guys mentioned on this forum on a regular basis support the website as well as the sport.

My thoughts exactly. Honda East use to be awesome with stock and gear. Now nothing. Last time I was there, the woman needed gloves. Get off the bike at 5:50, they close at 6:00. No problem, it will be quick. Wrong! Before we even had our helmets off, they locked the doors.

Honda East isn't asking anything. This is my personal account and I removed the sig picture after I was asked to. I didn't put much thought into it because I use the same one on multiple forums. I was more or less just curious to see where members here are spending their money.... I know pretty shady right? Heaven forbid, I was also looking to being a site sponsor too

My thoughts exactly. Honda East use to be awesome with stock and gear. Now nothing. Last time I was there, the woman needed gloves. Get off the bike at 5:50, they close at 6:00. No problem, it will be quick. Wrong! Before we even had our helmets off, they locked the doors.

I've been here almost 6 years and I find it hard to believe the doors were locked 10 minutes before. There's been more times than I can count that I've been here a 30-45 minutes after closing helping people with gear and parts. Acutally, Saturday I was here 25 minutes after helping a guy. I do agree that our stock on street gear isn't what it use to be but that's based on business and what's selling. I'm not a moto-x guy but a lot of our inventory has moved toward that.

We're already on it. 

Honda East isn't asking anything. This is my personal account and I removed the sig picture after I was asked to. I didn't put much thought into it because I use the same one on multiple forums. I was more or less just curious to see where members here are spending their money.... I know pretty shady right? Heaven forbid, I was also looking to being a site sponsor too

I've been here almost 6 years and I find it hard to believe the doors were locked 10 minutes before. There's been more times than I can count that I've been here a 30-45 minutes after closing helping people with gear and parts. Acutally, Saturday I was here 25 minutes after helping a guy. I do agree that our stock on street gear isn't what it use to be but that's based on business and what's selling. I'm not a moto-x guy but a lot of our inventory has moved toward that.

But, you're name is Honda East Justin, you had a banner showing Honda East and the logo used and you are asking where people get their stuff.  Salesman 101...

And, if you've been a member "on and off" for 6 years and only have 10 posts?  Not much visitation to gauge the members and their habits or even understand who does in fact sponsor the site...

Also, "you" wouldn't be a site sponsor but rather, Honda East would be.  It's just kinda funny and if you're gonna get butt hurt (I sense the ass tension building as I type this) after someone was asking out of respect of the sponsors on here, you might not be representing well.

We all know Honda East are the blow out, discount dealers.  What's the margins at currently on major units?  It's well known everywhere and you guys do a good business on accessories and parts as a result of the number of units you do push out the door.  But, to play coy with the "heaven forbid" card, it looks funny from what we know about the dealership...  ;)

But, you're name is Honda East Justin, you had a banner showing Honda East and the logo used and you are asking where people get their stuff.  Salesman 101...

And, if you've been a member "on and off" for 6 years and only have 10 posts?  Not much visitation to gauge the members and their habits or even understand who does in fact sponsor the site...

Also, "you" wouldn't be a site sponsor but rather, Honda East would be.  It's just kinda funny and if you're gonna get butt hurt (I sense the ass tension building as I type this) after someone was asking out of respect of the sponsors on here, you might not be representing well.

We all know Honda East are the blow out, discount dealers.  What's the margins at currently on major units?  It's well known everywhere and you guys do a good business on accessories and parts as a result of the number of units you do push out the door.  But, to play coy with the "heaven forbid" card, it looks funny from what we know about the dealership...   ;)

I've been at Honda East for almost 6 years...not here, you read that wrong. Just because I don't post on here doesn't mean I don't check in and read through the forums a few times a week. Call it what you want, but I'm far from your typical "Salesman". I do most of my busniess through big forums and have a pretty good sense of how things work. Google "Honda East Justin" if you'd like to check up on it

If you think I'm getting "butt hurt", you are sorely mistaken. I've been doing this long enough to go back in forth with you if you'd really like to, but I'm not really here for that. I, unlike a lot of dealership employees, actually enjoy this sport very much and really do like to see what other shops are doing right and also lending a helping hand to others when I can.

As far as Major Units go and the mark up... I have no idea. I have nothing to do with unit sales and never will. I've done parts sales here the entire time. I can tell you that if you were to walk in here and buy a bike, I would point you to my preferred Salesman and you would pay the same price I would on a unit. My mindset when it comes to parts is to help out on price the best I can because I know I would want the same if I were on the other side of the counter(or internet) and it's worked out pretty well for me so far.

Edited by Honda East Justin

I've been at Honda East for almost 6 years...not here, you read that wrong. Just because I don't post on here doesn't mean I don't check in and read through the forums a few times a week. Call it what you want, but I'm far from your typical "Salesman". I do most of my busniess through big forums and have a pretty good sense of how things work. Google "Honda East Justin" if you'd like to check up on it

If you think I'm getting "butt hurt", you are sorely mistaken. I've been doing this long enough to go back in forth with you if you'd really like to, but I'm not really here for that. I, unlike a lot of dealership employees, actually enjoy this sport very much and really do like to see what other shops are doing right and also lending a helping hand to others when I can.

As far as Major Units go and the mark up... I have no idea. I have nothing to do with unit sales and never will. I've done parts sales here the entire time. I can tell you that if you were to walk in here and buy a bike, I would point you to my preferred Salesman and you would pay the same price I would on a unit. My mindset when it comes to parts is to help out on price the best I can because I know I would want the same if I were on the other side of the counter(or internet) and it's worked out pretty well for me so far.

I don't need to check anything...  Been doing this thang in the industry a lot longer than most and most likely even you.  Unless you've been doing it for over 20 years...  But in any case, it is what it is.  You were advertising...  Simple as that, man.  Not going to go roundy, round.  You wanna play that game?  Shoot from the hip.  It would be entertaining.

I buy mine from over night parts from japan llc

Great customer service it's actually mostly from the euro market but a lot of it is oe.

Really great prices on after market too

Sent from my flip razor using Tapatalk - now Free

Usually my first choice is local. However none of the dealers ever have what I need except oil and filters. A simple bolt is hard to find locally.

So I end up ordering from STG, motomummy, and motorsports.

I the operations at Honda East. I used to live in Detroit and work on Toledo. You guys fixed my bike after a crash and did great job. I see prices for new bikes at pretty great price there too.

To be honest, your parts and accessories area is more geared to MX. But that seems to be typical of most brick and mortar stores lately.

Id love to see a store that carries more street and track gear.

Overall nothing bad to say about Honda East.

Price and availability earns my business. cust service keeps my business

I like Iron Pony because:

1) It's five minutes from my office,

2) The ladies are a riot,

3) They have an interesting selection of used and new bikes,

4) They can get me OEM parts. All I have to do is call up the parts desk with the part # off of the suzuki 'fich. They have my credit card, they know the bike. I've called them everyday for a week and added parts to the order. Derek's always patient while I pussy foot around what I actually want. Yeah, there prices aren't the cheapest. (Cough mobil 4 T cough). But they're never any more than the competition at the most expensive. They charge MSRP. Go figure.

I've spent a few grand in their store on gear and accessories. Gotten some deals too.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2