Kickstarter

ScubaCinci

Not sure how many of you are familiar with Kickstarter but basically it's a way for the public to fund private enterprise in exchange for product, etc. There have been some pretty cool ideas and products and I recently backed this one. I think it would make a nice tool for carrying on the bike so I figured some folks here might be interested as well. The project closes in a few hours.

My wife pledged $30 to a company that we promising gourmet candies.  4 months later they disappeared.  Facebook, twitter etc all gone.  Contact info dead-end.  Kickstarter refused any refunds.  Amazon merchant services (who you pay kickstarter through) said "talk to your CC company".  CC companies are all say; "4 months is too long, sorry."

The scammers made about $10k.

My wife pledged $30 to a company that we promising gourmet candies.  4 months later they disappeared.  Facebook, twitter etc all gone.  Contact info dead-end.  Kickstarter refused any refunds.  Amazon merchant services (who you pay kickstarter through) said "talk to your CC company".  CC companies are all say; "4 months is too long, sorry."

The scammers made about $10k.

probably a visa or MC right? they usually only allow you 120 days from the time of presentment to file a chargeback. although for some reason codes they do allow up to 540 days... depends on the reason code attached to your chargeback.

amex usually gives you 180 days, but i have had amex chargebacks on transactions from over a year ago... not sure how that works lol. we represent every single one though, and win a large percentage of them.