Moto Series Round 9 This Weekend, Season Finale!

TRMN8TR

highlight was hollywood taking wins in both novice sprints and mini20 and getting himself into the 11's like a baws and even bought trmn8tr and i dinner after.

i took 4th in novice sprints and 2nd in mini20 and lowsided myself in 4 after what turned out to the last counted lap in the mini lol (this is funny because i essentially crashed on the cool down lap even though we didn't get a flag. fml)

trmn8tr took 3rd in the expert sprints and the mini20.

for championships, I think trmn8tr will end up at 3rd in expert sprints and 1st in mini20

i'll be 4th in novice sprints and 2nd in mini20

not sure where hollywood is, but i think he's 5th in novice sprints.

time to make asses of ourselves at the banquet

Great job guys !

Well, since the season is now officially over, and I got my first wins yesterday, I figured I'd do a little write-up on the weekend.  I know John will appreciate it at least.  I had a rough first half of the season, and yesterday made me remember why I race and why I love this sport so much.  Hopefully I can convey that feeling in this.

We had a pretty solid weekend.  Saturday the weather was great in the morning and we got some good laps in.  I was super happy the bike was feeling great and I was finally able to start taking full advantage of the badass rear Pirelli 180/60.  It felt like everything just clicked and the bike was so much easier to ride.  Jinu and I had some fun while we waited for Brandon to make it to the track.  Ryan Neu gave us a tow and followed me for a few laps.  He gave me some great pointers for specific parts of the track and that was a big help.  Unfortunately, it started to rain after the first session of the afternoon.  I scrambled around and got my rains mounted.  I got a few good sessions in while it was raining which was fun, even though I was out there by myself pretty much.  I actually really enjoy riding in the rain every once in a while.  Just wish we could have gotten an OR train goin that day at some point.

Sunday morning the weather actually looked really good, so I scrambled around again to get my dry tires mounted back up.  Threw a new rear on while I was at it.  Skipped practice because of the tire thing and the fact that I had ridden a good amount the day before and had felt pretty good about it.  First 600 sprint the green flag drops and we're off.  Right away the bike felt even better than the day before with the new rear on, and I knew I was gonna go faster than I had before.  I battled my way through some guys and slotted into second place behind CJ, who was a good ways ahead of me.  I knew the guys behind me we're coming after me, so I put my head down and tried to be consistent and put in good laps.  Next thing I know I'm gaining on CJ and with about three laps left I realize that I might be able to actually catch him.  I can't believe it.  On the second to last lap I get a great drive out of the carousel and get side by side with him.  We drag race down the back straight and we're quickly approaching the kink, I'm on the outside.  I say fuck it Im goin for it and I don't let off.  I had a wheel on him as we're about to turn in, and I make the pass just as we take the kink.  I come onto the front straight, take the white flag, and am just in shock that I'm in first and could actually win this race.  One more solid lap is all that it would take.  My heart is just absolutely thumping and I feel myself smiling inside my helmet and being scared as fuck all at the same time.  I'm just so freaking excited and I have to remind myself to keep calm and be smart.  I know CJ is on me and that he absolutely has the ability to pass me at any moment.  I come into 13 and I can hear his bike literally right on my rear wheel.  I pin it as early as I can and take the checkered flag.  CJ finished .2 seconds behind me I believe.  My first win!  I'm screaming in my helmet as I pass under the bridge and I'm the happiest mother fucker on the planet at that moment.  We were doing 12 flats that race and it was a freakin blast.

Second 600 sprint I grid up and I'm just happy I won the last race, no need to get crazy in this one.  Shit, I'm so happy I could retire right now!  Well that thought process went out the window as soon as the flag dropped and I slotted in behind CJ in fourth.  We spent a good while trying to get around the two guys out front, but eventually we both got around them.  So now CJ's out front again and I'm desperately trying to track him down.  Completely different feeling this time as I know I can actually do this.  I get super focused on catching him and just ride like hell.  At one point I shoot up the inside of him in 12 but can't hold my line coming out of it and he comes back around the outside of me going into 13.  Damn!  A lap or two go by.  Coming down the back straight I set up my pass.  I stay as close to him as possible coming through the kink, and again I out brake him up the inside into 12.  This time I hold a tight line and it sticks.  I toss it over into 13 and try to get a good drive onto the front straight.  Next thing I know I see the checkered flag and beat CJ by something crazy like .08 seconds.  I was so focused on catching him I had missed the white flag!  My second win and a new personal best time of 1:11.7.

I decided to do the Mini 20 because it would be just me, Brandon, and the little Asian Sensation, and we always have a blast.  We grid up, all three of us on the same row.  Brandon gets a rocket start like usual and he's gone.  I get a decent start and manage to stay ahead of Jinu.  By this point in the day I'm fairly whooped and it's hard to remember the details.  I eventually caught Brandon and I think I got him up the inside in 4.  I was trying to push fairly hard as I knew Brandon and Jinu were both back there ready to pick me off.  A few laps go by and nothing happens, I'm just kind of riding by myself for awhile, trying to keep pushing.  Then the little fucking Asian comes blasting around me on the outside just as we enter the carousel.  Fucker.  Now it's on and I go after him.  We battled hard for the rest of the race.  I got back past him, but I can't remember where.  Then the next lap I'm mid-carousel leaned over, knee planted on the ground, and here comes the little fucker again!  Just swings around the outside of me in the carousel and proceeds to cut in to the inside and I have to let off and slot in behind him.  Well done, sir.  But I can't let that stand.  I chase him and eventually go for it in 12 again.  I slide up the inside and make the pass, but I nearly run off into the grass on the exit.  Somehow I gas it and stay on track, making the pass stick.  I eventually take the flag and as I come around on my cool down lap, I see Jinu off in the grass in 4.  Damn.  That was probably the best battle I had all day.  We were drafting each other about 3 inches off the other's rear wheel, and passed each other at least two or three times each.  Unfortunately Brando had been forced to pull off track at one point and fix his rearset that had come unbolted, but he made it back out because he's a hard ass like that.

It was really a great weekend, and even with my bike troubles, a great season as well.  I love Motoseries and all the staff that work hard to make it possible.  And at the end of the day, it's really all about the great times we get to spend with friends.  And we had a lot of that this season.  Until next season, boys!

blah blah blah...I like it when it rains...blah blah...I won...blah blah blah....I won again...personal best.....blah blah blah....I <3 you guys

FTFY.  I could't quote that long ass post over again lol

It is really good to hear that you got shit sorted out on your bike and congrats on the wins!!!  I regret missing the races even if I couldn't participate...still haven't got the bike running consistently.