Frickin' Wonderful

ScubaCinci

These idiots are ruining it for everyone...

Dangerous new breed of biker gang seeks Internet glory, taunting police

http://investigations.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/10/03/20790189-dangerous-new-breed-of-biker-gang-seeks-internet-glory-taunting-police?lite

A new and dangerous breed of motorcycle gang is popping up around the country, say authorities, as packs of young bikers on high-speed “crotch rockets” barrel down crowded highways performing stunts, weaving through traffic and taunting police, all for a few minutes of Internet glory.

These “crotch rocket” gangs film their exploits, which can include altercations with motorists and the law, and then post videos on YouTube. Police in New York City have arrested several men after video surfaced on the Web of a Sunday incident in which bikers surrounded and beat an SUV driver in Manhattan. The bikers had been taking part in an underground event called Hollywood Stuntz, in which bikers assembled en masse on city streets to perform wheelies and other stunts.

I dont agree at all with how these tards were riding, and circumstances escalated way out of control on both parties.

Sportbike stunting has been a growing trend for decades and has never been so popular, so it will surely be more and more obvious in public since the sheer number of stunt riders have increased exponentially.

Are news crews completely brainless in that this is some sort of brand new epidemic? What rock have they been rotting under?

From the beginning in mass production of motorcycles there have been ruthless gangs that would kill, mame, rape, and pillage.....but appears to me that these fucks are just playing around on public streets and highways. Sure, they may cause an accident once in a while but those statistics are vastly paled in comparison to dumbshits killing others by texting/driving, on the phone/driving, or just shitty driving period - so I see the same disregard to public safety between the two....and honestly, its even more dangerous in failing to control a car or truck than a bike due to the huge differences in destructive mass.

And are they gangs? Stupid question since it's most likely just everyday groups and clubs that share interest in stunting....just like our OhioRider cliques that partake in group rides on twisty backroads, or touring, or dirt riding. Only, we choose to act as adults ( mostly ;) ) and seems these assholes choose otherwise. Sadder yet, is that the public will likely again judge us ALL by our worst specimens :nono:

• Upvote 1

Ah the starboyz.......what a pack of idiots. I met a few of them, my cousin used to ride with some of them and do stupid, squiddy shit. The few I met were complete dicks. Plenty good at stunting but no actual useful riding skill. Just out there making the rest of us look bad.

I wonder if the AMA is going to release a statement. I do have to feel sorry for the squid's family, but as I understand the facts the squid made many avoidable and illegal decisions that put him in that situation.

If we are all going to make the decision to increase our "risks" pursuing an intangible reward, that's our choice. And if we're going to choose to do so together, then good on us to have found like minded fellows. But I'll be plain - if I see any one of us do something that is going to endanger someone outside of our group who hasn't made that choice I'm going to call them on it. I hope all of you would do the same for me if I step out of line.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

Ah the starboyz.......what a pack of idiots. I met a few of them, my cousin used to ride with some of them and do stupid, squiddy shit. The few I met were complete dicks. Plenty good at stunting but no actual useful riding skill. Just out there making the rest of us look bad.

This. I knew a few in college and couldn't agree more...even the ones I considered friends were still complete idiots when it came to riding. Flying around the straight ends of 90 and 480 at 120-150mph stunting is idiotic and dangerous.

Yeah, pretty much non-riders. I've been trying to correct people on that but well, people are overwhelmingly ignorant fucktards, especially when commenting on certain YouTube videos posted to facebook. Such gems include 'fucking crotch rocket fags', 'crotch rocket douche bags' and the ever popular 'crotch rocket fag douche bag'. The creativity with these cagers is astounding. They also support all 'crotch rocket fucking fag douche bags' being run off the road and killed. Pretty much direct quote there.

When I was a kid I used to know someone who had an actual crotch rocket. He lived in New Mexico and bought it from a now defunct company called ACME. I called him uncle Will. Unfortunately the last time I saw him was at his funeral...

Come on! Who drops an anvil out of a plane. Poor guy didn't even see it coming. I miss the hairy bastard.

• Upvote 1